Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How about Chris Conley

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    the guy who blew out his achilles fairly graphically. It's on YouTube - his calf quivers and you can almost see his achilles roll up his leg under his skin.
    Bleagh!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Tate gets 4/37.5 from Giants. 9ers get Jordan Matthews. Arizona snags Kevin White.

Not many bodies left.
    Phillip Dorsett re-signs with the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Not many bodies left.
    According to nfl.com, this is the unsigned FA wide receiver list . . .

Kelvin Benjamin
    Dez Bryant
    Randall Cobb
    Chris Conley
    Michael Crabtree
    Michael Floyd
    Ryan Grant
    Justin Hardy
    Chris Hogan
    Justin Hunter
    Dontrelle Inman
    Jermaine Kearse
    Cody Latimer
    Rishard Matthews
    Jordy Nelson
    Aldrick Robinson
    Russell Shepard
    De'Anthony Thomas
    Demaryius Thomas
    Deonte Thompson
    Mike Wallace

Want:
    Inman, Conley

Would take:
    Hogan, Matthews

That’s bleak.

Blog Entries

Before FA started I thought Conley was a good fit and my opinion hasn't changed.

I would also kick the tires on Jordy Nelson, depending on compensation, although he's no longer a #1 he would be an upgrade over Crabs and can help mentor the very young receiving corps we're gonna have.

Blog Entries

A little over 300 yards receiving with Mahomes throwing the ball is a little concerning. Conley is putting up Chris Moore type numbers with Mahomes at QB.

It’s amazing how every year we make these same signings, every year they fail, yet every year we still hope to make these same signings...

Does anyone else want no parts of any of these FA receivers???

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    It’s amazing how every year we make these same signings, every year they fail, yet every year we still hope to make these same signings...

Does anyone else want no parts of any of these FA receivers???
    Such a nonsensical take

We tried a bunch of QBs who failed before we got Joe. Should we have just played without a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    We tried a bunch of QBs who failed before we got Joe. Should we have just played without a QB?
    You’re comparing finding a franchise qb to attempting to find a starting receiver from a list of players that are either old, got cut, or didn’t receive a 2nd contract from their former teams.

There are no Derrick Masons, Anquan Boldins or Steve Smith on this list. How is that nonsensical?

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    You’re comparing finding a franchise qb to attempting to find a starting receiver from a list of players that are either old, got cut, or didn’t receive a 2nd contract from their former teams.

There are no Derrick Masons, Anquan Boldins or Steve Smith on this list. How is that nonsensical?
    You’re talking about stopping trying something because it’s failed in the past.

If you think these WRs all suck and don’t want one because of that, that’s one thing, but not signing one because of Jeremy Maclin and Michael Crabtree is something else entirely

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    You’re talking about stopping trying something because it’s failed in the past.

If you think these WRs all suck and don’t want one because of that, that’s one thing, but not signing one because of Jeremy Maclin and Michael Crabtree is something else entirely
    I’m not saying stop trying I’m saying don’t make this the only approach. I don’t see anything wrong with drafting and letting our guys play. I would much rather see Chris Moore and Jordan Lasley start and watch it fail then bring in Dontrell Inman or Jermaine Kearse just to get similar production.

That said we do need receiver help. Whether we use a 1st rder or a 3rd I think that is a lot better than the scraps in this FA class