Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How about Chris Conley

Big receiver with a large catch radius, very fast, and he was rated as the best blocking wr in the NFL, something he will have to do about 55% of the time here. Should be cheap. Behind a lot of offensive weapons in KC so numbers not great

Re: How about Chris Conley

I’d be fine with this. Seems like if he was ever gonna blossom it would’ve been in that KC offense but I’m down to take a shot
    A. He’s got great traits even if he’s never played to them
    B. More importantly, he’s not an “established veteran” so if he sucks the young guys might get a chance, as opposed to a guy like Jordy who Harbaugh would keep trotting out there week after week regardless of his performance

Big fast and can block. I’d kick the tires and see what he’s talking about.

Would rather have Dontrelle Inman.

I'd definitely be on either Conley or Inman or Tavon or Jordan Matthews around May 7th.

Blog Entries

I also like Inman from that group. I thought he was solid once he went to the Colts last year

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I'd definitely be on either Conley or Inman or Tavon or Jordan Matthews around May 7th.
    Tavon and Matthews both signed today

Idk if we can wait til after the draft for Conley or Inman. Even the marginal guys are starting to go fast now.

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Would rather have Dontrelle Inman.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I also like Inman from that group.
    I have literally never heard of this cat. Which is surprising, because he had a very good season in '16.

Anyway: I'd be quite pleased if we signed both of them in the coming week. Bring 'em all in! We got nothing.

Blog Entries

This is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is depressing.
    I mean if you were gonna be depressed if we didn’t sign a top tier WR you were just gonna be depressed. There was no one in the Watkins/Robinson/Landry time and only two clear starters.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Bring 'em all in! We got nothing.
    Whoa. Anyone remember the season where the Chiefs did not complete a single TD pass to their WRs??

It was not that long ago. 2014, Andy Reid's second season in KC. Chiefs were coming off 11-5, with Alex Smith throwing to Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery and Dexter McCluster. They started out the next season ('14) 0-2, then righted the ship against the Dolphins and headed to New England. They fucking DESTROYED the Pats in Foxboro, 41-14. Smith was brilliant in that game, tossing TDs to Jamaal Charles (2) and Travis Kelce.

That game prompted a whole bunch of "Brady is done" talk. Naturally they went on to win the SB that year (Seahawks didn't give the ball to Beast Mode at the goal line).

Anyway: those Chiefs went on a 5-game win streak after their bye, and looked good at 7-3. Then they sputtered to the finish, including a 3-game losing streak in late Nov / early Dec, and ended at 9-7. Out of the playoffs. I don't know what happened; but my memory is pushing something about defensive injuries??

Smith threw only 18 TDs on the season, and none to WRs. Travis Kelce was the leading pass-catcher, with 860 yds and 5 TDs. Jamaal Charles chipped in another 5 TDs and ~300 yds receiving. Their WRs were – uh, not very productive:

• 30yo Dwayne Bowe: 750 yds
    • Albert Wilson: 260 yds
    • 30yo Donnie Avery: 175 yds
    • De'Anthony Thomas: 150 yds

The following season they signed Jeremy Maclin and drafted Chris Conley; the next year Tyreek Hill.

That's eerie. I mean, the fact that there is a recent model for a team to be good, while having really shitty & unproductive WRs. An Andy Reid team, no less! It seems to me that our current WR corps is as good or better than that group.

Snead + Chris Moore + rookie 3rd-rd pick > 30yo Bowe + Albert Wilson + 30yo Donnie Avery

Esp if we add a Chris Conley or someone to the mix.

Am I crazy???