Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ronnie Stanley's Pass Blocking

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Stanley isn’t worth a huge contract with the offense we’re gonna try and run. First ..dude was broadcasting plays in a Home playoff game. Duh! Second ...he’s just not nasty! We need /want guys who are nasty. EDC even thinks so. The left side is ...Meh. The right side is Bad Ass. Need to even that out. If we draft a guy this year that can play LT ..I say tag Stanley and let him walk. He’s been the best we’ve had since Ogden and Gaithersburg when he was right , but he’s just Not worth top LT money.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp
    Doesn't usually happen Lax, but I flat out disagree with you and your assessment of Stanley. The problem with the left side is the LG not Stanley. he is anchoring a cornerstone position and whether Joe or Lamar was starting last year, his play did not diminish. If you can come up with a legit 5 LTs that are better than Stanley, please do so. I don't believe you or anyone else can. Stanley is one of the best already and he's going into year 4. maybe if he punches a few dudes after the whistle this year, some of you guys will be sold on him. But I've seen him get into more than a few scrapes and extra curricular activities since he's been here...I like that he's not stupid enough to get flagged for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Doesn't usually happen Lax, but I flat out disagree with you and your assessment of Stanley. The problem with the left side is the LG not Stanley. he is anchoring a cornerstone position and whether Joe or Lamar was starting last year, his play did not diminish. If you can come up with a legit 5 LTs that are better than Stanley, please do so. I don't believe you or anyone else can. Stanley is one of the best already and he's going into year 4. maybe if he punches a few dudes after the whistle this year, some of you guys will be sold on him. But I've seen him get into more than a few scrapes and extra curricular activities since he's been here...I like that he's not stupid enough to get flagged for it.
    I don’t doubt he’s right now top 5 maybe even top 3 ...I just don’t see paying him Top dollar if we can draft his replacement this year. It’s a good year for Oline. It’s a good year for Defense front 7. Why not use our picks and load up. Let guys like him get paid elsewhere and roll with young talent. Atleast we’d have the talent this time. When they let Wagner and KO and Jensen walk we didn’t have that back up.

I don’t doubt he’s right now top 5 maybe even top 3 ...I just don’t see paying him Top dollar if we can draft his replacement this year. It’s a good year for Oline. It’s a good year for Defense front 7. Why not use our picks and load up. Let guys like him get paid elsewhere and roll with young talent. Atleast we’d have the talent this time. When they let Wagner and KO and Jensen walk we didn’t have that back up.

Because you don't swap Top 5 proven NFL talent for a lottery ticket that MIGHT work out. Maybe it is a great year for Line talent...but you can bet dollars to donuts that at least half of the "can't miss" guys will do jackshit in the NFL. Why gamble when you don't have to?

Agreed, paying Stanley top dollar next offseason is a no-brained if I have Ever seen one.

This isn't a great year for Tackles. it is a great year for interior oline. LTs usually are first rounders or high round picks. We have bigger issues this year. Pass rusher, WR, WR, IOL. Cap space is not going to be an issue the next two years. Why not front load a LT and lock him up for 6 years? Finding LTs is certainly not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    This isn't a great year for Tackles. it is a great year for interior oline. LTs usually are first rounders or high round picks. We have bigger issues this year. Pass rusher, WR, WR, IOL. Cap space is not going to be an issue the next two years. Why not front load a LT and lock him up for 6 years? Finding LTs is certainly not easy.
    Yes, hopefully we aren’t drafting too 10 anytime soon, because that is the easiest place to find one and one of the safer picks as well.

LT is one position not to mess around with. If you have a good one you pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I hear ya. I just think it will be BWIll part deux. Just my opinion. Maybe tag him and see what kinda offers creep in ? Don’t over pay.

I hear ya. I just think it will be BWIll part deux. Just my opinion. Maybe tag him and see what kinda offers creep in ? Don’t over pay.

If NT was as important as LT BWill wouldn’t be half the issue that he is. Paying a good LT like he’s elite isn’t that bad. Paying a good NT like he’s elite (or even paying an elite NT in the first place lol) is inexcusable.
    Last edited by NjRavensFan; 04-24-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    If NT was as important as LT BWill wouldn’t be half the issue that he is. Playing a good LT like he’s elite isn’t that bad. Playing a good NT like he’s elite (or even paying an elite NT in the first place lol) is inexcusable.
    I co-sign this!

Blog Entries

Okay. Let’s try this: How many LTs can we name that are, without question, better than Stanley?
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-24-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Okay. Let’s try this: How many LTs can we make that are, without question, better than Stanley?
    Taking out injuries : Smith(Dal) , Williams((wash) , Bakhtari(GB) and Lewan(Tenn). That’s 4.