Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: we got earl thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    “The league” doesn’t see any player worthy of taking the contract they finally sign, unless that player took a discount. Most guys go to the highest bidder dude.
    and when thats significantly higher, that can cause some concern. the OP that started this was that we bid against ourselves. i dont see where thats really been refuted. Its mostly been justification for paying more. theres two sides of that coin, if you think we got him for less his ability, fine, but theres also that we paid more than anybody else was willing to.

i think theres usually other offers in the realm. 1/12 is a lot different than 4/55/32. anything else available wasnt referred to as a "mega deal" like we offered, even if there was multi-year deals out there.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 03-19-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    -JAB

ok

I woke up this morning and I just had to reassure myself:

WE GOT EARL FUCKING THOMAS

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I woke up this morning and I just had to reassure myself:

WE GOT EARL FUCKING THOMAS
    Not good enough for some people apparently.

WhAt AbOuT tHe CoMp PiCk!?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

LOL this fan base has gone downhill - they'd complain if we got Aaron Donald. They'd complain if we got Tom Brady just because he's old

6. Re: we got earl thomas

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

There are some people who just completely overvalue the unknown of a draft pick. These are the same suckers that probably play mega millions or scratch offs every week.

I can't even believe the difference between the best FS in the game or a 2020 draft pick at the end of the 3rd round (at best) is being weighed by some.

Earl Thomas makes like 3 or 4 other spots on our defense better. Tony Jefferson doesn't have to be responsible with covering as much ground. The CBs know ET3 has the range to help them cover deep. The linebackers know they will have help in the middle covering the TE and RB.

A comp pick in 2020, possibly, makes one of our backup positions and special teams slightly better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    LOL this fan base has gone downhill - they'd complain if we got Aaron Donald. They'd complain if we got Tom Brady just because he's old
    Seriously dude. People need to get the guns out of their mouths and start thinking straight again.

8. Re: we got earl thomas

Don't forget the new battle cry: "what about the cap dollars we could have rolled over into next year??!?"

The dude is the best safety in football. Injury is a concern but 1- the break was a freak incident 2- id be much more concerned if it was an ACL or something as opposed to a break and most importantly 3- everything I've heard is this guys training program is insane and as soon as it happened he set out a program to come back 100%. He was still the best FS when he came back from the first one. I love everything about this signing

I never got it from the other guy but I’ll try it with you. Please name the safeties currently in the NFL that you think are better than Earl Thomas.
    Pre-injury (and 1-2 years younger) Thomas? Not many, if at all. Thomas in September 2019 and beyond? No way to really know until we see him - but it's certainly reasonable to have question, IMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

“The league” doesn’t see any player worthy of taking the contract they finally sign, unless that player took a discount. Most guys go to the highest bidder dude.
    Yes, but we were the highest bidder by a large margin. No one else was even close, Thomas and his agents themselves even said that.

Look, it is what it is. We paid what we paid, and we got a formerly great player who may or may not still be a great player. I really don’t understand this discussion at all. Maybe we could’ve saved a few million. Maybe not.
    FTFY