Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Do you trust Eric DeCosta?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    That is not true. In recent years and this year Whether it was free agents or trades Eagles, Patriots and Rams, Chiefs this year have all made moves with Key players and are playoff caliber teams with not alot of cap space.

Not even looking at players like Matt Paradis, and few other safeties & WRS who have already signed was mistake.

Parradis would been immediate upgrade for not alot of money.
    Also there is no long view in the NFL. Now that doesn’t mean overpay for CJ Mosley types. But you need Lamar to start showing positive development as a passer in 2019. He is on is rookie deal for four more years maximum.

Signing Bell (contract is reasonable) and Paradis would have gone a long way towards Lamar’s development in 2019.

Signing other team’s cuts and focusing on defense has had mixed results since 2013.

Blog Entries

I'll decide after 3 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone could possibly judge him.

We haven't even seen the first year roster under his leadership.

I will say I'm currently happy with the direction he's going. We weren't an offseason away from competing. He seems ot get that. Get your cap under control, focus on the draft and build a foundation.
    Yup. I don't know how people can even begin to judge him after like what, 2 months on the job? Even then, what the actual f**k are you judging him on? Not paying a 27 year old back 13M per? Not paying Mosley, who pretty unanimously was considered barely worth what Keuchley got paid, 17M per? Not paying Smith, who also was unanimously considered not worth whatever he would ultimately get, 16M per? Weddle is the one I can see complaints about but absolutely nothing else he's doing should be garnering any significant criticism.

Board is silly sometimes.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    No. He hasn't proven himself as a capable GM yet. Until he does he is an unknown. I dont disagree with any of the moves he has made this far. CJ Mosley absolutely should have walked for 17 mill per. Z. Smith is the same situation. The Ravens need to get younger and faster at FS, so not shocked Weddle is gone. Suggs isnt Suggs anymore, he has lost 4 or 5 stops and the 7 million he got from AZ will turn into a gift. I think what makes things tough is that we didnt expect to lose ALL of them. Now you have 3 holes to fill instead of 1 or 2 on defense.
    Truth. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Until he starts screwing up. TBH, Ozzie's last 5 years were nothing to write home about either. But at least Ozzie had a track record.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did you guys see what Z smith got? There was no way.

This is last year's Seahawks. Get all of those contracts off the books, eat the dead money and add some pieces for a long term view. And by the way they still won their division.
    I get your point but the Rams won that division...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is guiding the lifeboat we are in - we need for him to be successful!

Let em' go. Get new ones..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 03-13-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yup. I don't know how people can even begin to judge him after like what, 2 months on the job? Even then, what the actual f**k are you judging him on? Not paying a 27 year old back 13M per? Not paying Mosley, who pretty unanimously was considered barely worth what Keuchley got paid, 17M per? Not paying Smith, who also was unanimously considered not worth whatever he would ultimately get, 16M per? Weddle is the one I can see complaints about but absolutely nothing else he's doing should be garnering any significant criticism.

Board is silly sometimes.
    Should have signed Paradis, but yeah other than that, I don't get it.

Sometimes I read the comments and just wonder why they cheer for the team. Years of misery, you'd think you'd find a new team?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Should have signed Paradis, but yeah other than that, I don't get it.

Sometimes I read the comments and just wonder why they cheer for the team. Years of misery, you'd think you'd find a new team?
    Paradis, yes, true. Forgot about him.

It's going to be pretty brutal on this board if this season ends up going south which I think is very possible (and it's something I personally am okay with). Maybe some peeps will move on to another team lol
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Paradis, yes, true. Forgot about him.

It's going to be pretty brutal on this board if this season ends up going south which I think is very possible (and it's something I personally am okay with). Maybe some peeps will move on to another team lol
    I definitely think it's going to be a major regression unelss it's one hell of a draft.

I'm weirdly okay with that. Like I siad, the same people that complain we're stuck in the mud are now complaining that we're not overpaying stop gaps to continue to be stuck in the mud.

We very clearly needed to build a stronger foundation.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Paradis is the clear wtf signing/non signing to me.

OL absolutely needs to be priority number one.

Some other things I'm not a big fan of even though some on the board are...I'm not a fan of keeping Carr at that price...I wasn't a big fan of Peanut at his cost either although I guess I am ok with it more now that CJ is gone...I'd like to see what the difference in cap numbers Peanut is opposed to Branden Marshall. And I'm still not a big fan of the contract we gave Boyle.

But it's too early...I've been concerned about the cap for years now...not just our actual cap space, but our cap space compared to the rest of the league and it looks like this is the year they are paying the price. Feels similar to 2002 without the Super Bowl win 2 years prior. We'll see if the team can rebuild with high end talent like they did back then...Eric has a heck of a job to do. I do think we'll be more active in UFA/retaining our own next year when we hopefully for once won't be at or near the top of the league in dead cap space AGAIN like we have been virtually every year since the Ray Rice incident.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I get your point but the Rams won that division...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    whoops yes they did but Seahawks did make the playoffs under very similar scenario

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!