Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Do you trust Eric DeCosta?

After one of the roughest starts to Free Agency in franchise history, many fans have rightfully begun to turn their backs on the newly crowned GM Eric DeCosta.

I will provide 3 reasons to keep hope and continue to trust Eric DeCosta.

1. Free Agency has just begun:

There are over 170 days until the regular season kicks off. There’ll be way more surprise salary cap casualties due to the recent high price signings and the upcoming NFL Draft.

2. There’s always a possibility for an impact trade:

There’s always the possibility the Ravens can explore the trade market for impact players that fit their scheme. The trade market has become more fluent this offseason than recent memory.

3. High priced free agents don’t always pan out:

Typically the teams who are making a splash signing are teams that rarely have a system in place that’s built to last. Observe New England, they have a scheme that caters to their player's strengths. If EDC believes the Ravens have a scheme that fits his players, then turnover won’t be as impactful as we may think.

Notable Mentions: The Ravens finally has two coordinators that are competent enough to develop a system and scheme that fits their player's strengths.

The Ravens have an impact player at QB. Granted, he needs to develop more as a passer and needs a legitimate number 1 Receiver, but the talent and eye test show we may have found the real deal at QB (if those aforementioned things are addressed).

Warning Signs Ravens Must Avoid:

Undervaluing impact players.
    Being too passive to take chances.
    Overvaluing character rather than star talent.
    Being too stubborn to adjust (both for the front office and the coaching staff).

Final thoughts: Don’t be surprised the Ravens are in the playoffs for a second consecutive year this upcoming season. Eric DeCosta still has Ozzie to provide feedback and guidance.

Do you trust Eric DeCosta? I do.

Re: Do you trust Eric DeCosta?

I’m still trying to rock with him but like I’ve said, this offseason is getting real spooky.

No?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I’m still trying to rock with him but like I’ve said, this offseason is getting real spooky.
    Yeah man it’s been a rough 48 hours! Shit drove my stress up. I had to take a step back and process everything.

And there’s basically nothing he can do win back my trust this offseason either aside from some completely out of left field trade. Leveon is a uniquely perfect fit for this team. Not pouncing at that price shows a profound lack of vision.

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    Yeah man it’s been a rough 48 hours! Shit drove my stress up. I had to take a step back and process everything.
    Signing Mark Ingram would be it for me.

Blog Entries

No. He hasn't proven himself as a capable GM yet. Until he does he is an unknown. I dont disagree with any of the moves he has made this far. CJ Mosley absolutely should have walked for 17 mill per. Z. Smith is the same situation. The Ravens need to get younger and faster at FS, so not shocked Weddle is gone. Suggs isnt Suggs anymore, he has lost 4 or 5 stops and the 7 million he got from AZ will turn into a gift. I think what makes things tough is that we didnt expect to lose ALL of them. Now you have 3 holes to fill instead of 1 or 2 on defense.

Blog Entries

I’ll rather address Running back in the draft and use the cap space on another pressing need

Ingram does make the team better. So like, I’d take it. And a back that can both run between the tackles and be a legitimate receiving threat would do wonders for Lamar’s development imo, and like... the way things are going that matters a lot more than our actual record next year lol.

But he doesn’t move the needle at all.

Asleep at the wheel. Resting up to go pick through some dumpsters once the other teams run out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    I’ll rather address Running back in the draft and use the cap space on another pressing need
    Lol we’ve been had the cap space, and the pressing needs, and we haven’t even been associated with any of the many fits flying off the board

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    And there’s basically nothing he can do win back my trust this offseason either aside from some completely out of left field trade. Leveon is a uniquely perfect fit for this team. Not pouncing at that price shows a profound lack of vision.
    I definitely see your point. I hope he’s not overvaluing cap space and draft capital just to be gun shy when it’s time to make a move