Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 PASS RUSH Draft Thread

Sorry it's been a while guys, but I would be remiss to break my promise. Therefore we look next at DE Maxx Crosby, #92, Eastern Michigan.

Verdict first, before getting into the GIFs:

I see a project here. Immediate impression is, he has NFL size and is long limbed, but hasn't put his body together yet. He plays slower than his 4.66 combine speed. He can use his 33 inch arms to affect a large tackle radius but he just looks a little awkward changing direction. He jogs. He plays high sometimes. He does make good use of his hands which combined with his length is a good sign.

I can see where he has a high ceiling, but he needs to get into a premier training facility. This is a guy that needs to be coached up. I would draft him on day three, perhaps round 4 depending on how the board falls, based on potential.

Interestingly enough, he's listed at 255, and I might ask him to gain weight, bulk up a bit and get stronger. He could be a force if he's a strong 6'5", 270. He'd be limited to 4-3 DE and nickel interior rusher in this case.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-19-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

I see a project here. Immediate impression is, he has NFL size and is long limbed, but hasn't put his body together yet. He plays slower than his 4.66 combine speed. He can use his 33 inch arms to affect a large tackle radius but he just looks a little awkward changing direction. He jogs. He plays high sometimes. He does make good use of his hands which combined with his length is a good sign.

I can see where he has a high ceiling, but he needs to get into a premier training facility. This is a guy that needs to be coached up. I would draft him on day three, perhaps round 4 depending on how the board falls, based on potential.

Interestingly enough, he's listed at 255, and I might ask him to gain weight, bulk up a bit and get stronger. He could be a force if he's a strong 6'5", 270. He'd be limited to 4-3 DE and nickel interior rusher in this case.
    Pretty bang on IMO.

He has the length and the technique to get there (he has really good hand palcement), but he doesn't put it together every play.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Great thread Gentlemen. I've always never fully understood labels like " 3 tech", "5 tech" etc. Can someone provide a link or resource to better understand what these terms really mean?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Great thread Gentlemen. I've always never fully understood labels like " 3 tech", "5 tech" etc. Can someone provide a link or resource to better understand what these terms really mean?
    It's what gap you're lined up in.

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

RSR 7-Round Mock Draft, Post-Combine Edition :

Maxx Crosby, EDGE, Eastern Michigan 3rd round, pick #102) :
    An undersized pass rusher with both tangible and intangible plus traits? That was an Ozzie Newsome special, and you have to think DeCosta picked some of that up along the way. Crosby had a good combine, and his stock went up because of it. He still needs to add some mass while gaining strength, but he has good arm length, and uses those arms very well. He needs to work on loosening his hips, but his rip-and-punch combo is second-to-none, and he excels at gap penetration. A little bit of coaching, and Crosby would bring plus attributes to both run and pass defense at the next level.

Crosby's stats = https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...-crosby-1.html

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It's what gap you're lined up in.

Awesome. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question : can't we just give Bowser and Tim Wms legitimate chances? These are 2017 2nd and 3rd round draft choices for goodness sake. How many offensive draftees did we pass up to choose them? Are we to throw them to the wayside (like Correa)?
    ... Bc
    In any other draft I'd advocate this strategy. Draft WR and accept a small downgrade at pass rush but get some value from the guys we've already got. However, given this particular draft, it seems crazy to pass on a pass rusher. Anyone we get at 22 could be a top ten talent in other years and Suggs level replacement. I think you've at least got to get 1 of these guys and let the current guys on the roster compete for time in the rotation for Smith's spot and mosley's. If one of them steps up, it takes the pressure off resigning Judon next year and we can draft WR next year in a better class. If not, we resign Judon or draft edge again, and use all that 2020 cap space on a free agent WR.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jeff Zrebiec

Verified account

@jeffzrebiec
    30m30 minutes ago
    More Jeff Zrebiec Retweeted AJ Spurr
    Per @mzenitz, Ravens DC Don "Wink" Martindale is in Tuscaloosa at Alabama's Pro Day. Ravens have selected 4 Alabama players over the past two drafts.

I can't find the article now but I read yesterday we had interviewed Winovich at Notre Dame's Pro Day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    In any other draft I'd advocate this strategy. Draft WR and accept a small downgrade at pass rush but get some value from the guys we've already got. However, given this particular draft, it seems crazy to pass on a pass rusher. Anyone we get at 22 could be a top ten talent in other years and Suggs level replacement. I think you've at least got to get 1 of these guys and let the current guys on the roster compete for time in the rotation for Smith's spot and mosley's. If one of them steps up, it takes the pressure off resigning Judon next year and we can draft WR next year in a better class. If not, we resign Judon or draft edge again, and use all that 2020 cap space on a free agent WR.
    guy, well stated and logical. Of course this can all become moot if we do sign Justin Houston... Bc