Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 PASS RUSH Draft Thread

I , being an FSU fan , would love Burns at 22. I’d run over people to grab him. I think Wink can make him super productive.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Sub-7.0 3-cone drill correlates very strongly to NFL pass rushing success, IIRC. That's these guys:

Maxx Crosby
    Chase Winovich
    Anthony Nelson

I am, by no means, disqualifying all the guys with a higher time, but the shuttle time makes these guys feel a lot safer. Nelson is really intriguing given his size and motor.

As for guys potentially available at 22, you obviously jump if an elite talent falls. I'm seeing guys like Ferrell and Oliver projected that late (such as in Daniel Jeremiah's mock). I'd be livid if we drafted a 3rd round WR talent like Parris Campbell instead of a typically-top-15 level pass rusher like Ferrell. Jaylon Ferguson is probably a non-starter given the red flags, but someone not getting enough love is the other Allen, Zach. Once the combine hype fades a bit, his tape is gonna sing to evaluators. Really strong at the POA, a polished array of power and speed pass rush moves, really instinctual finding the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Both OLBs but Bowser was (I guess, technically, still is?) a very different style of player. They weren’t redundant at all. Correa was already a sunk cost at that point.

Agreed about the WRs on the board there, but I’d have much rather replaced Worm than Williams. Kupp was already gone but there were still some nice prospects out there. My guys were Chris Godwin (nice!) and Carlos Henderson (whoops!)
    Nj, you don't have to sell me on Chris Godwin. I was hoping he'd be our first 3rd round pick (instead of Wormley), but I shouldn't have been surprised. Wasn't Wormley recommended by Jim Harbaugh (Michigan)? If so, thanks for the nepotism John ... Bc

EdRomeo taught me how to do this gif thing; bear with me

Va Tech should think about, y'know, blocking him. RB hello?

An example of Va Tech not running his way. RB funneled inside where he is contained.

Excellent chase and tackle (I think the DB gets the sack though)
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-05-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Mixed results on this drive

Gripped by the OT #69 and stood up; lost leverage

Chipped by the TE this time; no real effect

Moved to the other side this time. Speed rush washed out but the OT has no chance here.

Seeks and tackles the RB at the LOS even though they were running away from him. Very athletic play and good awareness.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-05-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Spin move; changes pursuit angle when QB tries to run (That's new Terp transfer Josh Jackson btw) and closes the deal.

Destroys the RT with a swim move (more of a push off lol) which leads to a TFL on the RB

Stays active, but eventually double teamed

My favorite play this game despite being unsuccessful. Performs an explosive looking stunt right into a triple team, bounces off the blocking RB and runs across the field after the QB. Look at that closing speed...
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-05-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Verdict - this is a guy who, for a top ACC team at least, had to be game planned for. That's what you want out of your first round pick isn't it? I think he steps in immediately if Suggs leaves with Judon on the other side.

I'll be doing Chase Winovich next. Taking requests.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 03-05-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Verdict - this is a guy who, for a top ACC team at least, had to be game planned for. That's what you want out of your first round pick isn't it? I think he steps in immediately if Suggs leaves with Judon on the other side.

I'll be doing Chase Winovich next. Taking requests.
    Do Crosby if you can find the tape.

He's the most intriguing to me.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I hadn’t even heard of Crosby before today (I don’t dive into defensive guys until closer to the actual draft) but hearing the way some people are gushing about him I’d like to see him too.

Chase Winovich may actually be part Wolverine. One benefit of playing for Michigan is there are many videos of him playing against top competition. Therefore I'll focus on just 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Both OLBs but Bowser was (I guess, technically, still is?) a very different style of player. They weren’t redundant at all. Correa was already a sunk cost at that point.

Agreed about the WRs on the board there, but I’d have much rather replaced Worm than Williams. Kupp was already gone but there were still some nice prospects out there. My guys were Chris Godwin (nice!) and Carlos Henderson (whoops!)
    Chris Godwin was the last WR I wanted, with everyone else going in the 1st and 2nd round. I was screaming for us to get Godwin. I understood the Tim Williams pick. But Wormley over godwin made me sad