Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 PASS RUSH Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question : can't we just give Bowser and Tim Wms legitimate chances? These are 2017 2nd and 3rd round draft choices for goodness sake. How many offensive draftees did we pass up to choose them? Are we to throw them to the wayside (like Correa)?
    ... Bc
    They're definitely going to get a chance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Correa threw himself to the wayside tho

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't know why we think Brian Burns is falling to 22.

He's looking like a pretty locked in top 10-12 guy.
    He's been climbing up the boards.
    To answer the Wormley question someone else asked, we drafted him due to Harbs brother, wilder Harbs. Wormley is from Michigan.
    Great thread and nice breakdowns WNC

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Edge rusher is a pressing need. But I am coming to the view that if we cannot get Ferrell or Burns at #22, I would move back in round 1 (taking probably the C Bradbury) and focus on our picks in rounds 1-3 on WR and iOL. I would not draft an Edge rusher in this situation before round 4 because it is not at all clear to me that the guys we are looking at for Edge in round 3 have the upside that Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser do.

Ferrell or Burns would be a major boost. There are WRs and IOLs in round 3 who can help us a lot more than the Edge options there. Jalen Jelks in the 4th might be worth it.
    Chase Winovich, I would draft after trading down. There may be another one I'd take as well, who will be coming up soon.

But, your point is valid. WR is deep in good-but-not-round-1 talent. iOL I worry about finding on day 3.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Chase Winovich, I would draft after trading down. There may be another one I'd take as well, who will be coming up soon.

But, your point is valid. WR is deep in good-but-not-round-1 talent. iOL I worry about finding on day 3.
    If we want a day one starter at G or C we’re gonna have to get him on day one or two. Quality depth will be there on day three.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If we want a day one starter at G or C we’re gonna have to get him on day one or two. Quality depth will be there on day three.

Generally speaking this can be said every year about every position.

At this moment, I’m not happy with the LV corps but I want To let these young guys have the opportunity to play. As alluded to I would Struggle to pass on a top pass rusher at 22, but once the top tier is gone we need to hit Offense early and often. There appears to be a meeting of BPA and Need in picks 30-70 at WR, C and G. I think I’m on the trade all over the place to try and get either Lindstrom, Bradbury or similar and a pair of WR’s before our comp 3 at 102....

It's hard to get day one starters in the third round.

That's a huge issue with not having our second this year. Second rounders are even harder, but first rounders should, for the most part, be starting on day 1.

With EDGE, WR and iOL being huge needs I think you have to go 1 of the 3 in round 1. Anything else would be pretty frustrating (i.e. iLB, DB, iDL).

I know Wicked and a few others have argued for Wilkins and I get it, I'm not saying he's not a good player, I'm just saying we need to address one of those 3.

I think at 22 you're going to have iOL2/3 (I could see Ford and maybe Bradbury/Lindstrom gone before that) + some OT's, EDGE5 (Bosa, Allen, Burns, Sweat should be gone) and WR2/3/4 (Butler is apparently gertting a lot of interest. I could see HarryHarmon, Deebo, Brown all available).

Trading back and picking up a 4th does not interest me. If we're picking up a 3rd and we have multiple guys at one of those 3 I'm all for trading back, but we need to pick up a 3rd and not a 4th. Too many needs that need top 100 picks, and even that may not be enough.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Generally speaking this can be said every year about every position.

At this moment, I’m not happy with the LV corps but I want To let these young guys have the opportunity to play. As alluded to I would Struggle to pass on a top pass rusher at 22, but once the top tier is gone we need to hit Offense early and often. There appears to be a meeting of BPA and Need in picks 30-70 at WR, C and G. I think I’m on the trade all over the place to try and get either Lindstrom, Bradbury or similar and a pair of WR’s before our comp 3 at 102....
    I’m solidly in that boat. Unless a guy like Burns is there at 22 ...trade down /out and load up on early day two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It's hard to get day one starters in the third round.

That's a huge issue with not having our second this year. Second rounders are even harder, but first rounders should, for the most part, be starting on day 1.

With EDGE, WR and iOL being huge needs I think you have to go 1 of the 3 in round 1. Anything else would be pretty frustrating (i.e. iLB, DB, iDL).

I know Wicked and a few others have argued for Wilkins and I get it, I'm not saying he's not a good player, I'm just saying we need to address one of those 3.

I think at 22 you're going to have iOL2/3 (I could see Ford and maybe Bradbury/Lindstrom gone before that) + some OT's, EDGE5 (Bosa, Allen, Burns, Sweat should be gone) and WR2/3/4 (Butler is apparently gertting a lot of interest. I could see HarryHarmon, Deebo, Brown all available).

Trading back and picking up a 4th does not interest me. If we're picking up a 3rd and we have multiple guys at one of those 3 I'm all for trading back, but we need to pick up a 3rd and not a 4th. Too many needs that need top 100 picks, and even that may not be enough.
    I’m with ya. I’d only trade back for day two picks. For the right deal I’d trade out of the first if there isn’t a legit BPA/of Need there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Correa threw himself to the wayside tho
    Not necessarily Nj. Many, including myself, thought he was played out of position. Without a single sack in his two years as a Raven, he got 3.5 sacks in his 1st year as a Titan... Bc
    P.S. - I hope we don't do the same with Tyus Bowser.

Blog Entries

I’m solidly in that boat. Unless a guy like Burns is there at 22 ...trade down /out and load up on early day two picks.

I don't want the Ravens to trade back. If Ferrell or Burns isn't available at #22, then perhaps a WR like AJ Brown might be there. If a very good WR is not available at #22, then OG Cody Ford might be there. The Ravens have a number of needs. I want them to fill one of those holes with a plus player in the first round.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

EDC himself said the value in this draft is in Rounds 2-4 so he has a pretty good general sense of the draft board. Wilkins I put with the EDGE guys as "pass rushers to take at 22" much like if Ed Oliver fell - you find a way to use him even if it's at 5-tech. Don't make the same mistake twice (Derwin James).

But, other than that, I really do think DeCosta trades down. I kind of hope with New England actually because I'd like the Ravens to pick sometime on day 1 for my viewing pleasure... and NE is a prime target to jump up and draft an Iowa TE.