Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Working With A Coach In FLA

Also, this in and of itself doesn’t necessarily prove that Lamar has a special work ethic, but by all accounts he does, so why even bother arguing that point?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Wrong, WRong, Wrong.

This is so ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

The same posters pimping Jackson for doing it (Now) are the same posters who complained about Flacco and wanted him gone yet last off season there were the same leaked stories of him working with his WRs during the off season
    You're sure of that? Do you have proof that everyone complimenting Jackson in this thread did the things you say they did?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    they dont work the entire offseason much less this early after the season. The superbowl was literally just 3 weeks ago.
    Wrong, WRong, Wrong.
    No, he's right. But it might depend on the age of the player. Most players need some "restore" time right after the season ends. Many players lose weight during the course of the season, and need to give their bodies a rest for several weeks. Almost all of them finished the season with some strains and minor injuries, and needed some time to heal up.

Now, for Lamar (and most NFL players) the season ended almost two months ago. So maybe a bunch of them have already started to ramp up their work.

Also, these are young active guys. What looks like "rest" & "restore" for them might be a huge workout for me: a 2 mile jog, a trampoline session, some Pilates, beach volleyball, whatever. A "light activity" day for them might wreck me for a week.

Anyway. Point is, NFL players usually wind down their activity level for a bit right after the season, do some recuperation. Then they ramp back up again, heading into the Spring training cycle and OTAs etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Also, this in and of itself doesn’t necessarily prove that Lamar has a special work ethic, but by all accounts he does, so why even bother arguing that point?
    yes it does, you're wrong

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    This was reported by Harbaugh who couldn't go into specifics.
    PFT had a slightly longer quote from Harbs. I guess he took some questions at the Combine? Anyway:

“Lamar is on his own right now, from that standpoint, in terms of self-development, but it’s my understanding he’s working really hard at it,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “I’ve heard through the grapevine that he’s throwing with guys; he’s working with coaches and things like that. He’s got a coach in Florida who does a great job coaching quarterbacks. I don’t have all the details because we’re not allowed to have all the details on that, but I know Lamar’s a very hard worker, and he’s going to do everything he can do to be the very best quarterback he can be. I love his determination.”
    Same info we had before, just more verbatim from the HC. Someone will probably dig up just who the "coach in Florida" is, pretty soon.

More:
    “We could do the poll right here — raise your hand if you think he can’t throw,” Harbaugh said. “I don’t know what the percentage is. It’s not important to us. It doesn’t really matter what the talk about it is. It’s just talk; it’s just noise. We’re going to try to build the best offense we can around our quarterback, which you always do. We believe he’s a great football player, a great quarterback. How great remains to be seen. That’s up to him and us, so we’re looking forward to seeing what we can get done.”

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I've seen it a few more times in this thread--people talking about how the style of offense they ran last year isn't sustainable and that they're concerned that they're going to continue it.

Have yall not read the 17 different articles this offseason about how the staff is "building a new offense from the ground up"? Why would that make yall think we're gonna try to run the same thing as last year? That offense is already built lol
    Saying it and actually doing it are two VERY different things, sir. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Saying it and actually doing it are two VERY different things, sir. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Sure. The point is that they're trying though. Which means they aren't content to continue running the same thing they ran last year.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I think what he means is what are you making things up, having a sly dig at other qbs to "big up" jackson.

You don't know what the other qbs are doing. Just because theres no reports doesn't mean it isnt happening.

We wouldnt know about this if harbs didn't slip it in.
    Exactly.

Thank you for getting the obvious.

Its great he seems to have a good work ethic. But we heard "From Harbaugh" how great of a work ethic Breshad Perriman had too and how well did that work out for him.

I put very little in anything Harbaugh says when it pertains to grading a player. Last year Harbaugh told everyone James Hurst was the teams best option at RT. Clearly he was wrong.

Orlando Sat on the bench while Alex Lewis and Hurst played.

Exactly.

Thank you for getting the obvious.

Its great he seems to have a good work ethic. But we heard "From Harbaugh" how great of a work ethic Breshad Perriman had too and how well did that work out for him.

I put very little in anything Harbaugh says when it pertains to grading a player. Last year Harbaugh told everyone James Hurst was the teams best option at RT. Clearly he was wrong.

Orlando Sat on the bench while Alex Lewis and Hurst played.
    I think with OBJ they were worried about throwing him in too early and him hitting the “rookie wall.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I think with OBJ they were worried about throwing him in too early and him hitting the “rookie wall.”
    You can think that. But I do not agree.

Harbaugh is one stubborn ass coach and he has his favorite players. Hurst being one of them.

You put the best players on the field. Game 1 the best 5 guys were not on the field.

The last few years in 2016 and 2017 I think we were tops in the league of least amount of rookie snaps due to Harbaugh not playing the rookies.

Look back at how wasted Ryan Jensen was. This board used to Roast Jeremy Zuttah, look how long they stuck with him before giving Jensen a shot. 1 year he was fantastic at Center and we watch him walk in free agency.

That is 100% on the coach.

You can think that. But I do not agree.

Harbaugh is one stubborn ass coach and he has his favorite players. Hurst being one of them.

You put the best players on the field. Game 1 the best 5 guys were not on the field.

The last few years in 2016 and 2017 I think we were tops in the league of least amount of rookie snaps due to Harbaugh not playing the rookies.

Look back at how wasted Ryan Jensen was. This board used to Roast Jeremy Zuttah, look how long they stuck with him before giving Jensen a shot. 1 year he was fantastic at Center and we watch him walk in free agency.

That is 100% on the coach.
    I do agree that he resists playing rookies, but Ryan Jensen is a terrible example. He was not good when he was in the game until that offseason before his contract year.

He came into camp lighter and it made a huge difference in his lateral movement skills.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB