Liberals & Conservatives vs the Left

I’m a huge fan of Prager U videos. This one is pretty spot on...

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-yo...ith-a-leftist/

When two people share the same goals, they can disagree – even strongly disagree – and still have a productive discussion about how to reach those shared objectives. As comedian and author Owen Benjamin explains, the problem with America today is we no longer share the same goals, and that’s tearing us apart.

Re: Liberals & Conservatives vs the Left

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I’m a huge fan of Prager U videos. This one is pretty spot on...

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-yo...ith-a-leftist/

When two people share the same goals, they can disagree – even strongly disagree – and still have a productive discussion about how to reach those shared objectives. As comedian and author Owen Benjamin explains, the problem with America today is we no longer share the same goals, and that’s tearing us apart.
    That is a really good commentary. I can and do often discuss these topics with friends who are more liberal than I. You can have a good back and forth discussion if there are open minds and both sides are trying to reach the same or similar goals. Sometimes they raise points I hadn't taken into account, sometimes I do. But some of these leftist views are so out of whack you can't even have a discussion with them because there is no common ground to try to reach. The other part which he doesn't really touch on is you can't have a discussion with them because all they do is shout over the top at you.

Re: Liberals & Conservatives vs the Left

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    That is a really good commentary. I can and do often discuss these topics with friends who are more liberal than I. You can have a good back and forth discussion if there are open minds and both sides are trying to reach the same or similar goals. Sometimes they raise points I hadn't taken into account, sometimes I do. But some of these leftist views are so out of whack you can't even have a discussion with them because there is no common ground to try to reach. The other part which he doesn't really touch on is you can't have a discussion with them because all they do is shout over the top at you.
    Controversy creates cash.

The MSM is pushing everything radical because it increases click rates and ultimately money. They are aligned with the Left and promote hate and hostility and then lie about it.

I really think it’s important to always discern between liberals and the Left. There is a distinct difference. The Left wants to destroy America because they hate our country. Liberals want American prosperity but disagree with Conservatives on the path to get there. Follow Glenn Greenwald on Twitter. He’s an example of what liberalism used to be. I discovered him by listening to a liberal who posted down here in the Lid and recommended him. Cool shit.