Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oldie, but Goodie for the Wrestling fans

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's like the old Sheep Herders gimmick
    Man, that's a WAAAAY back reference. It's too bad they couldn't go into the Hall of Fame as the Sheep Herders.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I was thinking Bushwackers, but either way, it was fuckin awful.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I remember seeing Bruno Sammartino when I was growing up - Haystacks Calhoun, Chief Jay Strongbow, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Superstar Billy Graham, Kerry Von Erich and the rest. The good old days when you knew it had to be fake but still loved seeing the heel after he bladed.

I invite anyone that calls it "fake" to step in the ring with me. :p. The preferred term is pre determined. ;)

Trust me, that shit hurts. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Poor Batista. I feel like this return is going to go over about as well as his first one, because WWE creative is so stupid. It makes zero sense to have him come back as a heel (against a face HHH at that, which is without a doubt the worst HHH persona) given his huge popularity both in and beyond WWE now. People want to, and will, cheer him...hopefully they have some storytelling swerves. I get that he probably wants to play the heel, because he's a great heel, but it's hard to do that in this situation. This isn't 10 years ago where he's been there every week and him destroying Rey Mysterio gets him over as a heel.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Poor Batista. I feel like this return is going to go over about as well as his first one, because WWE creative is so stupid. It makes zero sense to have him come back as a heel (against a face HHH at that, which is without a doubt the worst HHH persona) given his huge popularity both in and beyond WWE now. People want to, and will, cheer him...hopefully they have some storytelling swerves.
    Another missed opportunity. Yawn.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Poor Batista. I feel like this return is going to go over about as well as his first one, because WWE creative is so stupid. It makes zero sense to have him come back as a heel (against a face HHH at that, which is without a doubt the worst HHH persona) given his huge popularity both in and beyond WWE now. People want to, and will, cheer him...hopefully they have some storytelling swerves. I get that he probably wants to play the heel, because he's a great heel, but it's hard to do that in this situation. This isn't 10 years ago where he's been there every week and him destroying Rey Mysterio gets him over as a heel.
    Agreed. They could've had him play the anti-hero type face. They get in the ring, HHH starts running his mouth and playing the smartass dick type heel, Batista grimaces and takes it for a bit before he finally snaps. Problem with that is HHH is going to go over, which they don't want him to do as a heel. Whatevs.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Agreed. They could've had him play the anti-hero type face. They get in the ring, HHH starts running his mouth and playing the smartass dick type heel, Batista grimaces and takes it for a bit before he finally snaps. Problem with that is HHH is going to go over, which they don't want him to do as a heel. Whatevs.
    agreed, HHH could have went on about how he build the company and evolution and propelled batista and orton to relevance and kept an aging flair around out of pity.... instant heel heat.... Batista comes in..... and gets a huge pop...easy fued. Batista is loved because of Drax and HHH is top tier heel
    Burn it down

It started back when Batista cracked a joke at HHH in the ring about how HHH has never beaten him. Speculation immediately started about the Mania match between the 2, then crickets. Now, this Monday, Batista emerges and takes out Flair to get HHH's attention. There was no mention of a match between them officially. Just a joke, then the attack. Of course, it's the story line that leads to the Mania match, in which HHH will finally beat Batista. It's almost pointless to even have it or watch it knowing HHH will go over. I mean, I guess they could throw the curve ball and have Batista win at Mania, only to have HHH finally beat him later on, but it's not like HHH is wrestling more than a couple times a year now, and ALWAYS inserts himself into Mania when it's not even needed anymore. If I recall correctly, without going back and looking it up, I think he put Seth Rollins over at Mania during their feud, but had Steph involved and took a bump that distracted him long enough for Rollins to get the win. Could be thinking some other match though....

Either way, all signs are pointing to a Mania match between the 2 with HHH finally getting the W over Batista.

Blog Entries

@esmd and Hbg...agreed. Pretty much any kind of setup would have been preferable to how it actually went down.

@nick...That was the match against Roman where Roman speared Stephanie for the only pop he got in the entire match, before going on to beat HHH to a shower of boos. HHH came into the match as champion after winning it at RR. I don't think Seth and HHH have wrestled at WM or am I wrong on that?

Saw on Twitter someone say it needs to be a street fight/hardcore type match, and I agree with that. A generic 1v1 between HHH at his age and Batista not having wrestled in years is going to be awful. It will be HHH/Sting bad, only without the NWO/DX appearances to make it somewhat interesting.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

@esmd and Hbg...agreed. Pretty much any kind of setup would have been preferable to how it actually went down.

@nick...That was the match against Roman where Roman speared Stephanie for the only pop he got in the entire match, before going on to beat HHH to a shower of boos. HHH came into the match as champion after winning it at RR. I don't think Seth and HHH have wrestled at WM or am I wrong on that?

Saw on Twitter someone say it needs to be a street fight/hardcore type match, and I agree with that. A generic 1v1 between HHH at his age and Batista not having wrestled in years is going to be awful. It will be HHH/Sting bad, only without the NWO/DX appearances to make it somewhat interesting.
    I believe the Rollins HHH match ended with HHH running into a stephanie who was on the apron, and got knocked off through a table, HHH was distracted and Seth went on to win. I could be wrong tho, the ppvs kind of meld together over time
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I believe the Rollins HHH match ended with HHH running into a stephanie who was on the apron, and got knocked off through a table, HHH was distracted and Seth went on to win. I could be wrong tho, the ppvs kind of meld together over time
    that's what I'm thinking as well, but having the same issue....it's all running together lol