Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oldie, but Goodie for the Wrestling fans

That the best/hottest storyline today is the same story they've been telling since 97 - with the same villians - is really all you need to know about the current product.

The biggest thing that frustrates me today is their inability to let things grow organically which is still fucking nuts to me considering 2 of the biggest stars in wrestling history basically grew organically at first in Austin and Rock. Braun was so massively over last year after pairing with Alexa and doing some of the comedy bits he did, he was on the cusp of being a huge star, and they killed him shortly after I believe by feeding him to Roman? It was either him or Brock. I don't watch the program weekly to know if he recovered his heat but it's stuff like that which turns me off. Instead they force the same few guys on the audience all the time. Roman before he left, Seth, Bryan, AJ, etc. Not saying I dislike any of those guys (I love AJ btw) but when it's the same fucking thing every week, all year, it's hard to watch. I feel like Brock has held the Raw belt for like half a decade at this point and has wrestled in about 20 matches in that span.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Back then, WCW had the better undercard matches, but the WWF had the better matches at the top of the card.
    WCW undercard stuff was legit and I am sad I was too young to really appreciate it at the time. I was definitely squarely in WWF's crash TV demo at the time.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I loved Raven's Flock in WCW, although that's clearly another thing that wouldn't fly today, what with Billy Kidman's heroin addict gimmick and all.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    That the best/hottest storyline today is the same story they've been telling since 97 - with the same villians - is really all you need to know about the current product.

The biggest thing that frustrates me today is their inability to let things grow organically which is still fucking nuts to me considering 2 of the biggest stars in wrestling history basically grew organically at first in Austin and Rock. Braun was so massively over last year after pairing with Alexa and doing some of the comedy bits he did, he was on the cusp of being a huge star, and they killed him shortly after I believe by feeding him to Roman? It was either him or Brock. I don't watch the program weekly to know if he recovered his heat but it's stuff like that which turns me off. Instead they force the same few guys on the audience all the time. Roman before he left, Seth, Bryan, AJ, etc. Not saying I dislike any of those guys (I love AJ btw) but when it's the same fucking thing every week, all year, it's hard to watch. I feel like Brock has held the Raw belt for like half a decade at this point and has wrestled in about 20 matches in that span.
    Braun got put in the doghouse at that point for showing up late to events and leaving early. That's a big no no in the business as it shows disrespect for the remainder of the card.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I loved Raven's Flock in WCW, although that's clearly another thing that wouldn't fly today, what with Billy Kidman's heroin addict gimmick and all.
    Sickboy. Lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Braun got put in the doghouse at that point for showing up late to events and leaving early. That's a big no no in the business as it shows disrespect for the remainder of the card.

When did this start? I remember, once upon a time, back when we were kids or before we were born, wrestlers left once they were done for the night. I know Tony Schiavone talks about it on his podcast. Hall and Nash also talked about it for their second WCW run.

When did this start? I remember, once upon a time, back when we were kids or before we were born, wrestlers left once they were done for the night. I know Tony Schiavone talks about it on his podcast. Hall and Nash also talked about it for their second WCW run.
    The top guys could always get away with it, because they knew damn well they wouldn't get in any kind of trouble or lose their main event spots. Braun was just getting his first major push as a singles competitor and hasn't earned the right to leave early or arrive late. He was doing things seasoned vets do when he was still considered to be green.

It's customary for the younger, midcarders, and ones just signed to stick around for the entire show to pay respect to the main eventers that earned that spot, by watching them and hopefully learning still.

McMahon still expects the entire roster to arrive early and stay for the entire show. Obviously there are the main guys that can get away with not doing it or have Vince's permission, but it's still expected.

One of the other reasons for it is the fact that the show can change at any moment, and Vince wants everyone there just in case the plans change and they are still needed for something later on. Vince is good for making last minute changes to the card, and if you have already left and he changed to give you another spot that night, it would more than likely cause you to lose your regular spot going forward as well as land in the doghouse.

So I'm flipping channels on Monday, and I come across this.....

To quote The Rock, "What in the blue hell was that!?!?!?!?!"

If that's what I'm missing by not watching WWE these days....well....sorry not sorry. Holy hell that's just awful.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post

If that's what I'm missing by not watching WWE these days....well....sorry not sorry. Holy hell that's just awful.
    dont watch raw, just the ppvs
    Burn it down

Back then, WCW had the better undercard matches, but the WWF had the better matches at the top of the card.
    chris jericho in WCW was probably the most entertaining wrestler I've ever watched. He made a feud with Stinko Malenko funny
    Burn it down

Again, creative has nothing for Bray Wyatt, but this filler shit makes it on the show each week....

That's what happens when you hire Hollywood writers to write a wrestling show!!!! Smh

Blog Entries

It's like the old Sheep Herders gimmick