Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Trump To Sign Bill. Declare Nat. Emergency

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    The BPA says it’s an emergency and they want a barrier/wall. They specifically asked for steel slats.

You trust them or Nancy Pelosi on this issue?
    Yeah police and border patrol have never asked for unnecessary funding. I live in a lily white resort town, and the cops have literal H1's to drive around in full tactical gear when it snows 1 inch. The police state of america has gotten totally insane, the government and media are selling fear to the populace
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Yeah police and border patrol have never asked for unnecessary funding. I live in a lily white resort town, and the cops have literal H1's to drive around in full tactical gear when it snows 1 inch. The police state of america has gotten totally insane, the government and media are selling fear to the populace
    Are you proposing that the BPA is wrong and they are simply trying to scare the country?

Really?

I'd like to hear your argument against this...

...or, do you not want to believe this and your mind is made up. If that's the case, why even discuss this?

The idea you cant pass a bill with the majority in the congress, senate and basically owning the judiciary branch is completely laughable and points to ineptitude. Piss poor planning does not constitute an emergency because you cant get your ducks in a row. Trumps lack of ability to build a wall is an abject failure of his administration.
    see post #32

regardless, using executive actions to directly circumvent congress is a power that never should have been granted in the 70s and should never be encouraged (especially when the same party had control for 2 years lol)
    Ahhh, so it's totally legal, and Trump is totally within his rights to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Ahhh, so it's totally legal, and Trump is totally within his rights to do so.
    your comment adds nothing to the discussion, no one has debated the legality.
    Burn it down

see post #32
    My point stands, he failed. Piss poor planning does not constitute an actual emergency
    Burn it down

Are you proposing that the BPA is wrong and they are simply trying to scare the country?

Really?

I'd like to hear your argument against this...

...or, do you not want to believe this and your mind is made up. If that's the case, why even discuss this?
    Literally border crossings are at all all time low, I dont see how this is an emergency now vs 2 months, 1 year, 2 years or 10 years ago
    Burn it down

your comment adds nothing to the discussion, no one has debated the legality.
    Well funny, there is a whole lot of commentary and people saying he shouldn't do it simply because a court will stop it.

On the other hand, could you explain to us why over 1,000 people daily coming into our country illegal is not a crisis?

Blog Entries

Well funny, there is a whole lot of commentary and people saying he shouldn't do it simply because a court will stop it.

On the other hand, could you explain to us why over 1,000 people daily coming into our country illegal is not a crisis?
    BEcause it's lower than it was before.

Blah - Have they posted anywhere how those numbers are entering?

I looked for it a while ago, but I couldn't really find anything concrete. I found some high numbers on VISA overstays and people netering through airports. I couldn't find any strong estimates of how many have been illegal crossing where a wall would go.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Literally border crossings are at all all time low, I dont see how this is an emergency now vs 2 months, 1 year, 2 years or 10 years ago
    did you even watch the video?

You're basically ignoring everything that was said because..."border crossings are at an alltime low."

Regardless of border crossings...how does the BPA know who they don't catch?
    Regardless of border crossings...the burden on taxpayers is still $135 billion.
    Regardless of border crossings...thousands of kids are still sex trafficked across the border.
    Regardless of border crossings...90% of the opioids that are killing everyone in the country are coming from Mex.
    Regardless of border crossings...the BPA says that there is a crisis at the border.

in 2000, there were 1.2 million illegals crossing our border.
    in 2013, there were 400,000 illegals crossing our border.

What happened?

Almost 700 miles of a barrier was put up along the Southern border under GWB in that timeframe. So, because that number is lower than before...problem solved? Huh?

Interesting to see how people will react if the Dems declare a national emergency due to climate change or opiod epidemics.

national emergencies should be reserved for actual emergencies. If it wasn't important enough the past 2 years what has changed in the past month?
    I'm not sure if it ever happened but Trump did indicate he was going to declare a national emergency over the epidemic of opiods.

I heard Pelosi speech on foxnews youtube (no commentary) and she went down the list of things the budget covered. One of the things was 5 billion for nutrition in foreign countries. I thought that was striking and to me shows the democrats zero awareness. 5 billion is too much for barriers though. Like I said they were never going to agree to the funding.