Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Trump To Sign Bill. Declare Nat. Emergency

Just read this article. Found something very odd about it. See if it stands out to anyone else.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just read this article. Found something very odd about it. See if it stands out to anyone else.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    “Extraordinary and seldom used authorities”

HAHAHAHAHA. They just CANNOT be truthful. I knew they’d play this angle. I posted about it 2 weeks ago.

Bush and Obama used emergency declarations to reprogram appropriations 18 times between 2001 and 2013, yet the republic survived. We are currently still under a multiple national emergencies from prior presidents. The MSM perpetual hysteria is matched only by its utter ignorance of history.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    “Extraordinary and seldom used authorities”

HAHAHAHAHA. They just CANNOT be truthful. I knew they’d play this angle. I posted about it 2 weeks ago.

Bush and Obama used emergency declarations to reprogram appropriations 18 times between 2001 and 2013, yet the republic survived. We are currently still under a multiple national emergencies from prior presidents. The MSM perpetual hysteria is matched only by its utter ignorance of history.
    Actually, what stood out to me was "Mr. Trump" I know it's not a BIG deal but whether you like it or not, it is President Trump.

Actually, what stood out to me was "Mr. Trump" I know it's not a BIG deal but whether you like it or not, it is President Trump.
    In an article where they're lying again...they disrespect him too. Makes sense.

interesting to see self proclaimed "libertarians" excited for an executive action for emergency funding for a wall that the president had 2 years to secure funding when he literally had complete control of the Government.

Illegal border crossings were at an all time low not too long ago, even according to Trumps tweets, yet now its an emergency? Why not actually go after Visa overstays instead since they are now the #1 way of illegal immigration.

but hey I guess thats not a flashy position to take, no headlines in that I suppose
    Burn it down

Interesting to see how people will react if the Dems declare a national emergency due to climate change or opiod epidemics.

national emergencies should be reserved for actual emergencies. If it wasn't important enough the past 2 years what has changed in the past month?
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    interesting to see self proclaimed "libertarians" excited for an executive action for emergency funding for a wall that the president had 2 years to secure funding when he literally had complete control of the Government.

Illegal border crossings were at an all time low not too long ago, even according to Trumps tweets, yet now its an emergency? Why not actually go after Visa overstays instead since they are now the #1 way of illegal immigration.

but hey I guess thats not a flashy position to take, no headlines in that I suppose
    If we don't think the human, sex, child trafficking that comes across the border is a crisis, what does qualify?
    If we don't think the SOME of people that come through the border illegally - gang members, terrorist etc is a crisis, what is?
    If we're don't think the illegal drugs that are wreaking havoc all across this country are a crisis, what is?

The people that over stay their Visa's, while we should do something about those, we know who they are, we have NO IDEA who or what is sneaking across the border.

Having a 51-49 majority doesn’t mean squat when you need 60 votes to pass a bill.

This “he had majority” nonsense has got to stop. It’s a great example of definitive selective perception. Believing what you want to believe.

Furthermore, the GOP doesn’t want legit border security either. That was proven yesterday. People need to stop assuming they do.

llegal border crossings were at an all time low not too long ago, even according to Trumps tweets, yet now its an emergency? Why not actually go after Visa overstays instead since they are now the #1 way of illegal immigration.

The BPA says it’s an emergency and they want a barrier/wall. They specifically asked for steel slats.

You trust them or Nancy Pelosi on this issue?

national emergencies should be reserved for actual emergencies. If it wasn't important enough the past 2 years what has changed in the past month?
    He’s been trying to secure funding for this for 2 years. Time is running out. It was an emergency according to EVERYONE when BHO was POTUS. Now, Trump is saying it. Now it’s not?

Where does 90% of the heroin and fentanyl come from? It’s smuggled in through MX. We’re at the point with the opioid epidemic that all of us are statistically more likely to die from a heroin overdose than in a car accident. Crisis? Ab-so-fuckin-lutely!

The Democrats won’t give up funds. They won’t help DACA. They won’t acquiesce on anything.

Every vote on everything the BPA has asked for is all “nay” from the Democrats. Every vote. Every time.

If we don't think the human, sex, child trafficking that comes across the border is a crisis, what does qualify?
    If we don't think the SOME of people that come through the border illegally - gang members, terrorist etc is a crisis, what is?
    If we're don't think the illegal drugs that are wreaking havoc all across this country are a crisis, what is?

The people that over stay their Visa's, while we should do something about those, we know who they are, we have NO IDEA who or what is sneaking across the border.
    Literally border crossings are at an all time low, this isnt disputed anywhere but AM talk radio hosts, this is agreed upon by republican think tanks and even the president

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...596545?lang=en
    45 year low on illegal border crossings this year. Ice and Border Patrol Agents are doing a great job for our Country. MS-13 thugs being hit hard.

6:08 AM - 28 Feb 2018

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work

Visa overstays are the real culprit, I know its not sexy, there is no slogan " STOP VISA OVERSTAYS NOW" so it will never catch on.

Also, Im too lazy to link this, but its widely accepted most drugs are brought in via legal check points, they are simply smuggled in large qauantities. Building walls in the desert does nothing for this

also as far as the drug issue... I worked in a state prison. They literally cannot keep drugs out and they are everywhere. If you cant keep drugs out of a level 4 state prison, your not going to keep it out with a wall.

regardless, using executive actions to directly circumvent congress is a power that never should have been granted in the 70s and should never be encouraged (especially when the same party had control for 2 years lol)
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    He’s been trying to secure funding for this for 2 years. Time is running out. It was an emergency according to EVERYONE when BHO was POTUS. Now, Trump is saying it. Now it’s not?

Where does 90% of the heroin and fentanyl come from? It’s smuggled in through MX. We’re at the point with the opioid epidemic that all of us are statistically more likely to die from a heroin overdose than in a car accident. Crisis? Ab-so-fuckin-lutely!

The Democrats won’t give up funds. They won’t help DACA. They won’t acquiesce on anything.

Every vote on everything the BPA has asked for is all “nay” from the Democrats. Every vote. Every time.

-border crossings have been coming down for years, the emergency isnt real, visa overstays are the issue, thats just a fact proven in data

- The idea you cant pass a bill with the majority in the congress, senate and basically owning the judiciary branch is completely laughable and points to ineptitude. Piss poor planning does not constitute an emergency because you cant get your ducks in a row. Trumps lack of ability to build a wall is an abject failure of his administration.

-drugs are kitted through ports and legal crossing points in large qunatities, not in backpacks on a bunch a idiots trying to cross a wall
    Burn it down