Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Draft implications of the Flacco trade

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Assuming the trade actually is for a mid round pick (probably 4th) and the Broncos don’t pull a Ryan Grant, do you guys think we now have enough ammunition to recover a decent 2nd round pick in the draft without totally gouging us in the later rounds? Or do you think it might still not be enough? The Bronco’s 4th is higher than the 4th from the Texans they got for DT, so it matters which one we got. Do you guys think we can reasonably trade up?
    I would just use the 4th round pick. There's good value in the 4th round. Not sure it's worth trying to move up into the 2nd unless there's someone really talented there that's falling for whatever reason. A 1st, two 3rds, two 4ths will allow EDC to draft some young talent, hopefully split between pass rusher, o-line, and offensive skill positions. A LB and/or S who can cover the deep middle would also be welcome.

But overall, at least from what I've read, this is expected to be a somewhat deep and not overly top heavy draft, so it'd have to be a chance to draft a special player to be worth a trade up.
    Last edited by esmd; 02-15-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I have a vision:

Edge or Safety in the first round.

We trade our 3rd and our comp 3rd with the Cardinals or the Raiders, and select a WR at the top of the 3rd.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Trading a third and swapping a third to select a WR at the top of the 3rd doesn't not sound like a good strategy. Too steep. We need playmakers everywhere.

3. Re: Draft implications of the Flacco trade

Double post

4. Re: Draft implications of the Flacco trade

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Trading a third and swapping a third to select a WR at the top of the 3rd doesn't not sound like a good strategy. Too steep. We need playmakers everywhere.
    I do not promote this vision; I only foresee it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I do not promote this vision; I only foresee it.

hahahahaha.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

50/50 that we trade down from 22 and end up with a 2nd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    50/50 that we trade down from 22 and end up with a 2nd
    My opinion is that if there's a solid player who slips down to #22 then take him. I do not want the, Derwin James situation again. Sorry to

Otherwise, DeCosta can trade down and I'd be OK with it... Bc

A 2019 draft of project defensive tackles with a 7th round flyer on a one handed wide receiver (designed to complement the Ravens other one handed wide receivers).