Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How should we spend Flacco's money?

1) Sign Mosley
    - One reason many fans aren't head-over-heels in love with Mosley is because we lived through Ray Lewis...when you're used the THE best, damn good can sometimes look average.

2) Extend (at least) one of the following players:
    Michael Pierce
    Tavon Young
    Matthew Judon
    - I would talk to all of them. They need to get one of them. Two is better.

Blog Entries

The way that Greg Roman wants to play is clear. We’ve seen it before. The way that John Harbaugh wants to play is clear. Again, we’ve seen it before. Which is why that pairing is one positive as far as this team having a clear identity to build from (Not that they can’t deviate from it if the game calls for it, but those will be backup plans, not primary plan).

That said, the defense being consistent and reliable is very important to this style of play. If they plan on what we expect, a run-heavy ball-control offense, I’m not sure they can handle too much veteran turnover at once. Especially, without clear replacements in mind. This team needs pass rushers even WITH Suggs. You take his mind off the field and his ability to diagnose plays and communicate that info to younger guys (The way Ray did him), you have NO pass rushers and less play recognition. The one guy they’re most likely to pay up for is, oddly enough, the guy with the most noteworthy replacement of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    1) Sign Mosley
    - One reason many fans aren't head-over-heels in love with Mosley is because we lived through Ray Lewis...when you're used the THE best, damn good can sometimes look average.

Michael Pierce
    Tavon Young
    Matthew Judon
    Don't forget Tucker's extension

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Defense. I know, I know, but the highest priced FAs that I'm interested in are on defense, particularly at PASS RUSH and SAFETY.

DeMarcus Lawrence
    Landon Collins
    Earl Thomas
    Jadeveon Clowney
    Dee Ford
    Lamarcus Joyner
    Grady Jarrett
    Trey Flowers
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Frank Clark

Find out which of these guys won't be retained by their team and pounce on one.
    Frank Clark may be the best of the group even though he does not get the press. I watched him play out here in Seattle and the guy is a beast and still young. My best is that the Seahawks franchise Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    1) Sign Mosley

Michael Pierce
    Tavon Young
    Matthew Judon
    Agree as Mosley is clearly the leader on defense and clogs the middle. I sure hope that the Ravens resign him.

i like mosley. dont like paying him top monies

2 down LBs can be found pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The way that Greg Roman wants to play is clear. We’ve seen it before. The way that John Harbaugh wants to play is clear. Again, we’ve seen it before. Which is why that pairing is one positive as far as this team having a clear identity to build from (Not that they can’t deviate from it if the game calls for it, but those will be backup plans, not primary plan).

That said, the defense being consistent and reliable is very important to this style of play. If they plan on what we expect, a run-heavy ball-control offense, I’m not sure they can handle too much veteran turnover at once. Especially, without clear replacements in mind. This team needs pass rushers even WITH Suggs. You take his mind off the field and his ability to diagnose plays and communicate that info to younger guys (The way Ray did him), you have NO pass rushers and less play recognition. The one guy they’re most likely to pay up for is, oddly enough, the guy with the most noteworthy replacement of the three.
    See I would rather they move on from the older guys and try and find replacements starting next year. I get your point but I think the odds of them contending next year are slim and the experience younger players gain could really help them in LJ's 3-5 years. I'm not throwing the towel in on next year, but how much more can we really expect from suggs and Weddle anyway, 1 year? I'd rather take my lumps with the younger guys and hope it pays off down the road.

smarter contracts that aren't back-loaded

9. Re: How should we spend Flacco's money?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    John Brown is probably going to Denver now.
    Think JB has sickle cell so I don't think he can play in the altitude...

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    Think JB has sickle cell so I don't think he can play in the altitude...
    He has sickle cell trait but not the actual disease. They previously thought he had sickle cell but it turned out to be a cyst on his spine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Would love to see Earl Thomas. He just seems like a Raven. Been a while since we had a true playmaker, think he takes this Defense to another level.

I'd love for them to target a Woodhead type RB. Yeldon would be a nice target for this offense.

12. Re: How should we spend Flacco's money?

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    He has sickle cell trait but not the actual disease. They previously thought he had sickle cell but it turned out to be a cyst on his spine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    word