Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joe Flacco Appreciation Thread

Thanks for all the memories Joe. You were a tough son of a gun. You were clutch. But most importantly your helped bring the 'Ship to Baltimore!

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco Appreciation Thread

It hasn’t quite sunk in for me yet. It didn’t end well here in Baltimore. I think of everyone, Fans and organization-wise, Flacco handled it far better than anyone. There will be an entire off-season to rehash the same debates we always do, but this is just a time to reflect and appreciate.

When I watch the playoffs now, I see a lot of Quarterbacks who just can’t handle the pressure. Then, I see others who only play well at home. It was a comfortable feeling, knowing that I didn’t have to worry about those two things with Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It hasn’t quite sunk in for me yet. It didn’t end well here in Baltimore. I think of everyone, Fans and organization-wise, Flacco handled it far better than anyone. There will be an entire off-season to rehash the same debates we always do, but this is just a time to reflect and appreciate.

When I watch the playoffs now, I see a lot of Quarterbacks who just can’t handle the pressure. Then, I see others who only play well at home. It was a comfortable feeling, knowing that I didn’t have to worry about those two things with Flacco.
    This.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lfallo1 View Post
    Yeah this is my all time favorite Flacco moment - even better than the MHM. My wife called T. Smith "Two Chance Torrey" after this game and for the rest of his Ravens career.

I'll never forget the feeling.

Three quarters plus of thrilling but emotionally draining playoff football.

Thinking it's another example of the Ravens "close, but no cigar" postseason, I take out an ironing board and start ironing my shirts for work as I watch the final minutes of the game tick away.

What seems like the Ravens final drive falls short on four downs.

Peyton takes over and it seems like it's the end of the game right then and there.

But the defense steps up and forces the punt.

Which is great, but there are no timeouts left and with less than a minute left time seems to be slipping away like the last sands in an hour glass.

First down, nothing.

Second down, a run, but not even another first down.

Third down and three.

41 seconds left....40.....and the snap.....38......37......

The clock strikes 8:00 pm on the dot.

Cinderella time.

All I hear is, "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline....."

I hold my breath for what feels like an eternity.

"....and CAUGHT!!!!!!! INTO THE ENDZONE, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!"

Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Oh my God! Holy shit!

As Jack Buck said, "I don't believe what I just saw!"

In all my years of following sports, I've always seen exciting, legendary, epic moments play out for other teams. But I've never had the unbridled joy of watching my own team pull off "the play", ever.

Until Joe Flacco stepped up and connected with Jacoby Jones that night.

I had to stop myself from burning myself on the hot iron, I'm in that much shock.

We make the extra point, we take it to double overtime, we pick Peyton off, and we have Tucker nail the game winning field goal.

We win the game. And at that point, we already know we are winning the Super Bowl. Three weeks before it's played, and I know it's in the bag for us already.

And the following day after that Ravens-Broncos game, the feeling is exhilarating. I'm walking on airs, I'm beaming cheek to cheek, and most of all, I'm just proud.

I'm proud of my quarterback, Joe Flacco. All the doubts, all the criticism, and he rose above.

At that point I love the guy like he was my son, and I make a vow.

I promise from thick to thin, so long as Joe Flacco wears a Ravens jersey, he will have my unconditional support and loyalty.

And through today, I'm proud to say I kept that pledge. I absolutely loved having Joe Flacco as my quarterback.

He wasn't Brady or Peyton or Rodgers. And I knew that.

But damn it, he was my quarterback and every game, I would ride or die with him.

You did good, Joe. You did real good.

Vaya Con Dios, Joe. And let your passes continue to soar through that Mile High air like it did that magical night.
    Last edited by Tommy_Carcetti; 02-13-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Very happy he was our guy. Hopefully they will give him what he needs to go out on a high note in Denver.

Blog Entries

I hope Joe Flacco calls up Kurt Warner for advice on making the most of his opportunities. Warner’s revival with the Cardinals was the key to him making the Hall of Fame. Warner have spoken extensively about all the hard work and new focus it took to get there. Joe Flacco has that shot to finish out his career on a high note if he works towards it.

Thanks for the memories, Joe. Best wishes in Denver, other than when that doesn't align with the best interests of the Ravens.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Really hope he retires before 2022. Then 10 year anniversary celebration just wouldn't be the best it could be without the most important player during that run. Thank you Joe. You are responsible for the happiest moment of my life. I'll always be grateful
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

He was a class act. Never embarrassed his team on or off the field. Good luck Joe, except against your old team... Bc

Blog Entries

Best of luck to Joe, he is in a good situation.

Had some great years with the Ravens before these last 3 or so. Best QB in franchise history and won a SB.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!