Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco Poll: Thought on the Trade

Quote Originally Posted by heartattackjones View Post
    Why would any Ravens fan hope that Joe wins a SB with Denver? I'm rooting for the fucking Ravens - maybe if we're knocked out, but still. This place is bizarro-land I swear.
    I'm willing to bet not one Ravens fan would want the broncos to beat the Ravens in any situation. But there's a difference in wishing for someone to have success while still wanting your team to come out on top at the end of the season. I hope he has a good year, every year, until we play each other.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I think a fourth round pick was a good deal for a guy they actively benched and refused to go to, even when the offense struggled mightily in the playoffs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We just finished celebrating Ed Reed. The year before it was Ray Lewis. JO before that and Terrell Suggs is coming. Does anyone see Flacco with that group?

I see Flacco with Heap and McCrary and Boulware. All were solid players who had a small window of greatness.
    I think in terms of legacy he's a step below Ray, Ed, JO and Suggsy, but a step above Heap, Boulware and McCrary.

If he doesn't pull some sort of Kurt Warner like second act, he probably won't see Canton, but he's a lock for the Hall of Very Good.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

Vote HERE
    The poll would not work for me but I hope Joe wins a Championship in Denver....And in the process Harbs can be known as the idiot that he is and replaced....
    LJ should stand for Large Joke instead of Lamar Jackson, and Harbs thinks he's got something special...
    He does, a less than 60% completion qb to lead his team down the toilet...
    Go Joe !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I hope he has a good year, every year, until we play each other.
    For the moment, I'm just hoping he beats the Browns next year.

I think the ceiling on a trade for Flacco was clearly in the mid-round range especially considering how the Ravens handled it. This organization is not the most savvy group I've ever seen in professional sports. The Ravens need to get some serious starting talent out this next draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think a fourth round pick was a good deal for a guy they actively benched and refused to go to, even when the offense struggled mightily in the playoffs.
    The first part of this is a misrepresentation. Flacco wasn't "actively benched" he was deactivated due to injury. When he returned, Lamar was playing well and the team had a winning formula, so they didn't change back. It was a passive benching, just like Troy Smith 2008 and Kyle Boller when he was ready to return in 2003.

Tony Banks was actively benched for shitty play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    The first part of this is a misrepresentation. Flacco wasn't "actively benched" he was deactivated due to injury. When he returned, Lamar was playing well and the team had a winning formula, so they didn't change back. It was a passive benching, just like Troy Smith 2008 and Kyle Boller when he was ready to return in 2003.

Tony Banks was actively benched for shitty play.
    Passive is a better word for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A conditional 7th would have been a good deal for Flacco. Getting a 4th is an absolute steal
    Agreed. I figured a 7th, perhaps a 6th if we got lucky, but a 4th (5th?) is much more than I had thought. His outright release seemed better than 50 - 50... Bc

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    Im just pissed we only got a 4th

Theres no way they shopped him to all the QB needy teams and thats the best offer they got

Tyrod fucking Taylor got traded for the 1st pick in the 3rd round last year

I was expecting us to get a 2nd for Flacco or at worst a 3rd
    The Ravens showed class and gave Flacco the right to approve the team he was going to. Maybe we lost some draft position, maybe not, but treating players with class helps in free agency and keeping your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    The poll would not work for me but I hope Joe wins a Championship in Denver....And in the process Harbs can be known as the idiot that he is and replaced....
    LJ should stand for Large Joke instead of Lamar Jackson, and Harbs thinks he's got something special...
    He does, a less than 60% completion qb to lead his team down the toilet...
    Go Joe !!!!

Its too bad Biscotti and Harbaugh took the Ravens out from under me. I've been a Colts/Ravens fan since my boyhood in the 50s. It will be amusing to me (and satisfying) to see them crash to the bottom of the AFC North while watching Joe go to the playoffs. They will have to sweep the place clean for me to come back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its too bad Biscotti and Harbaugh took the Ravens out from under me. I've been a Colts/Ravens fan since my boyhood in the 50s. It will be amusing to me (and satisfying) to see them crash to the bottom of the AFC North while watching Joe go to the playoffs. They will have to sweep the place clean for me to come back.
    Sorry buddy but the rest of us won’t miss you. Enjoy your Broncos