Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens trading Flacco to Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In no universe did trading a veteran, tough SOB like Boldin, on the heels of that playoff run, when he wasn’t even making an eight figure salary, for a sixth round pick to another Harbaugh, make a drop of mice piss worth of sense.
    Funny thing is prior to that run the narrative was that Boldin didnt fit here and we needed more players like Torrey for our system. Before the Superbowl, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that Boldin was going to be asked to take a pay cut or else. One stretch of good games and the narrative shifts to Boldin being some irreplaceable piece of the puzzle that Flacco lost. At one point Boldin also was no longer good enough for Joe. Yall got some short memories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Funny thing is prior to that run the narrative was that Boldin didnt fit here and we needed more players like Torrey for our system. Before the Superbowl, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that Boldin was going to be asked to take a pay cut or else. One stretch of good games and the narrative shifts to Boldin being some irreplaceable piece of the puzzle that Flacco lost. At one point Boldin also was no longer good enough for Joe. Yall got some short memories.
    THIS.

Broncos won’t restructure contract

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Funny what putting a guy in the right position will do.

Boldin didn't fit the AC unless he was in the slot.

They put him in the slot and he balls out. Weird.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

We wanted Boldin in the slot. Memories aren’t short at all. We were mad at him about the Pittsburgh drop. Other than that, we were upset at Cameron for misusing him, and thankful to Caldwell using common sense.

Blog Entries

I’ll even admit that I tried to get behind the Boldin deal, but I thought it was to bring in someone else, not shift to Doss and expect Pitta to make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’ll even admit that I tried to get behind the Boldin deal, but I thought it was to bring in someone else, not shift to Doss and expect Pitta to make up the difference.
    Like it or not the Boldin replacement was Dumerville. I know they didn't plan on Dumerville, but that's where that money ended up going.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't hate the trade. We opened up something like $6M or $7M in cap space and got a pick for a player that was going to be gone in a year anyway. It seems like there was too much of a gap between him and the Ravens on how much he should be paid for them to work out another deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    THIS.
    Boldin 4 game stretch wasn't just as flukey as Flacco. Boldin went on to have some really productive years at San Fran. And yes Boldin may not have been irreplaceable but when he is your best WR and you try to replace him with Tandon Doss a trainwreck will ensue.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Broncos won’t restructure contract
    Why would they, the salaries are not bad, there is no guaranteed money, and they can cut him at any time with no dead money. Actually, he would carry dead money if he makes the final roster and is cut during the season since a veteran has their salary guaranteed if they make the final roster of a team. But that's it.

Blog Entries

The Broncos still have a good amount of cap space. They’ll have more once they move Keenum. Paradis is the only notable contract they have to worry about. There is no need for them to restructure the deal. They have enough space to take care of Paradis and still bring in a couple more pieces if they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why would they, the salaries are not bad, there is no guaranteed money, and they can cut him at any time with no dead money. Actually, he would carry dead money if he makes the final roster and is cut during the season since a veteran has their salary guaranteed if they make the final roster of a team. But that's it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Like it or not the Boldin replacement was Dumerville. I know they didn't plan on Dumerville, but that's where that money ended up going.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't hate the trade. We opened up something like $6M or $7M in cap space and got a pick for a player that was going to be gone in a year anyway. It seems like there was too much of a gap between him and the Ravens on how much he should be paid for them to work out another deal.
    I didnt have a problem with it then and I dont have a problem with it now. A lot of other stuff happened that made losing Boldin worse than what it was. It's not like we lost Q and the offense fell off a cliff. We lost Q, AND Dennis Pitta started having hip problems, AND Ray Rice's career took a sudden nose dive due to injuries and other reasons. Bryant Mckinnie was a POS AND Oher turned into a human turn style. Keeping Boldin wouldn't have made things any better at all.