Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Texans to cut D. Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He’s not going to get a deal this season IMO. It’s a shame for him but he just lost a lot of money because he likely won’t play in 2019
    I could see that. I actually heard Brady Quinn on SiriusXM NFL Radio say that is a strong possibility. They were talking about the difference between Thomas and Vinny Curry who was released yesterday by the Bucs after just 1 season. They are around the same age and have had some big years but health really determines a lot. Quinn was saying how if Thomas plays the signing team will request a waiver on lower body injuries and how those are things a player has to consider vs. retirement.

2. Re: Texans to cut D. Thomas

Demaryius Thomas 2018 = Andre Johnson 2015.
    Thomas' numbers were slightly better, but he's also a bit younger than Johnson was: age 31 vs. age 34.
    He might play one last forgettable season (in 2020) like Johnson did, but either way he's clearly done.
    If the Ravens sign him then that's a bad sign that nothing much has changed with our FO. In 2020 we should look to draft a guy, not sign a cheap(er) aging vet again.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Demaryius Thomas 2018 = Andre Johnson 2015.
    Thomas' numbers were slightly better, but he's also a bit younger than Johnson was: age 31 vs. age 34.
    He might play one last forgettable season (in 2020) like Johnson did, but either way he's clearly done.
    If the Ravens sign him then that's a bad sign that nothing much has changed with our FO. In 2020 we should look to draft a guy, not sign a cheap(er) aging vet again.
    I would agree. If we signed him and then went into the draft and only drafted a 4th round guy when someone solid was on the board I'd be pretty discouraged.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is exactly the type of signing that the Ravens would do.
    That Ozzie would do.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Would rather keep Crab
    I’m rewatching all the games from last year. Have only watched the first 3 and i’d Cut crab for all the dropped passes through 3 games. I haven’t even got to Cleveland game where he dropped the winning TD pass. Crab is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I’m rewatching all the games from last year. Have only watched the first 3 and i’d Cut crab for all the dropped passes through 3 games. I haven’t even got to Cleveland game where he dropped the winning TD pass. Crab is awful.
    I actually would keep him for another year but as our number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I actually would keep him for another year but as our number 3.
    I like Crabtree, but you can't tie up that much money for essentially a 3rd string player. Let Chris Moore do that. You need to demand he have a serious presence in the offense or let him go.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Guys, I’m now through game 5 of the 2018 season. Just watched the browns loss where Crabtree was a disaster with drops. He has to go at any cost.

9. Re: Texans to cut D. Thomas

Looks like he may not be playing w/anyone for awhile....if ever again.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/veter...assault-charge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Looks like he may not be playing w/anyone for awhile....if ever again.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/veter...assault-charge
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore