Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Texans to cut D. Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    old and broken down
    So we agree we are signing him?

I predicted this signing last off season sadly

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

2. Re: Texans to cut D. Thomas

Would rather keep Crab

What's he done since he stopped having Manning as his QB?

Answer: Not much.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...T/ThomDe03.htm

Pass.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I think he can still play (he's 31...some of you are kind of talking like he's 41), but I don't really see them as having the luxury of waiting for a receiver they sign to recover on PUP for half the season. If they do dive into FA for a WR, the guy is going to have to contribute from the start IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Came on here knowing full well there would be a thread about D Thomas. Good to see common sense prevails and majority saying no. Count me in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Came on here knowing full well there would be a thread about D Thomas. Good to see common sense prevails and majority saying no. Count me in that group.
    Hopefully EDC is in agreement, if Ozzie was still here pretty sure he'd be on a plane right now

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    So we agree we are signing him?

I predicted this signing last off season sadly

i t hought he has something left in the tank but he looked done last year even before the injury.

id take him as a WR3 but he prob wants more money

Blog Entries

pass

Alright - so playing Devil’s advocate here... he’s missed two games since 2011 with injury until the Achilles this year. Also, his “dominant” years were after the same injury to the same Achilles in 2011 and he made it back on the field in 7 months.

Sure, he’s older, but why not write him in for an incentive forward deal? We glorify Boldin who created a similar amount of separation at that point in his career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Alright - so playing Devil’s advocate here... he’s missed two games since 2011 with injury until the Achilles this year. Also, his “dominant” years were after the same injury to the same Achilles in 2011 and he made it back on the field in 7 months.

Sure, he’s older, but why not write him in for an incentive forward deal? We glorify Boldin who created a similar amount of separation at that point in his career.
    You bring up a valid point. I think the concern is that the Ravens sign someone like Demaryius and then have had a tendency to avoid investing much else in that spot.

Serious question- does Thomas, at this point, bring anything more to the table than Crabtree? Crabtree is already signed. Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post

The issue with Thomas is that he was looking real slow before the injury. That's why the Broncos traded him. His production in Denver way down and it's not like he's been playing with good QBs once Manning retired. Age caught up this year before the injury. That's not unusual for a very big 31 year old WR.

Blog Entries

He’s not going to get a deal this season IMO. It’s a shame for him but he just lost a lot of money because he likely won’t play in 2019

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!