Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Le’Veon Bell flirts with the idea of being a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Think I prefer Elliot if I had to choose a back, but Bell would be number 2 for me. That's only because my preference is in the more powerful RB, although Bell is a pretty big back himself.
    Understandable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    The Steelers offered him 5 years/$70m and he turned it down!
    Included in that 70m was about a third of the guaranteed money that Gurley ended up getting.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Ravens don't need to be running the Read-Option with Lamar anyway.

Blog Entries

Two years ago, Bell was top 10 in the league in receptions, for ALL players. He's not just a RB. There is no talent like him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    I like your point on paying for known consistent talent than taking a shot with a rookie, however the mileage could be argued that sitting out a whole year equates to keeping him football shape wise the same age if that makes sense
    I agree with that as well. That may be a good selling point for Le'Veon in contract negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Two years ago, Bell was top 10 in the league in receptions, for ALL players. He's not just a RB. There is no talent like him.
    How much of that was the Steelers offense though? How much was Ben Roethlisberger and his ability to prolong plays? (to be fair Lamar can also prolong plays)

Blog Entries

Anyone who follows the Ravens knows that they won’t even make an offer to Bell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    How much of that was the Steelers offense though? How much was Ben Roethlisberger and his ability to prolong plays? (to be fair Lamar can also prolong plays)
    Bell helped Ben more than anything. Bell is the outlet that allows Ben to play smarter instead of doing usual Ben type stuff that he just can't get away with anymore. The numbers don't seem much different, but Ben was definitely making more bad decisions this year than last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone who follows the Ravens knows that they won’t even make an offer to Bell.
    You can’t say that with all confidence. EDC is looking to be his own man and a big free agent signing that is a splash would put butts in seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You can’t say that with all confidence. EDC is looking to be his own man and a big free agent signing that is a splash would put butts in seats.
    Certainly agree, it gets to a point where if you can't develop elite offensive talent you have to get it somewhere. If they make a strong attempt and Bell goes somewhere else, to me it shows EDC is willing to balls to the wall when its warranted

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Bell helped Ben more than anything. Bell is the outlet that allows Ben to play smarter instead of doing usual Ben type stuff that he just can't get away with anymore. The numbers don't seem much different, but Ben was definitely making more bad decisions this year than last year.
    Ben just had what was arguably his best statistical season of his career without Bell.

I think a top 5 OL and having two of the top 10 WR in the league has more to do with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    100% confident. Own man doesn’t mean you put your ass on the line and convince the owner to spend more than double they have ever spent in the history of the franchise on another teams free agent who plays at one of most replaceable positions in the NFL. That’s a real good way to get fired if it doesn’t work.

The most that the Ravens have ever paid on a contract for another teams free agent is in the mid 30's. They did that with Dumervil, Weddle and Tony Jefferson. Bell has already turned down more that $70 million. Figure $85 to get what he wants. The Ravens are going to really go from a $35 million high to a $85 million high for a running back? There is just no way that makes sense.

If it's your 1st year on the job and you go to your boss and tell him he needs to spend more than double any contract for another teams free agent than he did in past 25 years what is he going to say? That's a career risking kind of move.
    Last edited by GOTA; 02-11-2019 at 07:14 AM.