Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: Le’Veon Bell flirts with the idea of being a Raven

The biggest difference is the fact that Rice hit someone with whom he had a trusting relationship, and Hunt hit a stranger. Neither one is remotely acceptable, but the trauma of domestic abuse generally goes way beyond the physical pain of attacks themselves. The fact that Ray has seemingly gotten things back on track, and salvaged a loving, mutual relationship is laudable but it is unfortunately the exception. Domestic violence is typically associated with long running manipulative, controlling, emotional/psychological abuse as well. It’s not as simple as a man hitting a woman, and the pundits who called what Hunt did “domestic violence” were being ignorant and, frankly, insulting to actual victims and survivors of domestic abuse. (This is all pretty close to my heart if you cant tell)

I do agree with the sentiment overall though that due to the optics/public opinion the Ravens could not have signed Hunt. But yeah, they’re not the same at all.

(It should go without saying but none of that was to excuse Hunt. What he did was not okay)

Blog Entries

Hunt was pretty fortunate in the way that the young woman flew into the wall. She certainly could have ended up with a serious injury from how she went head first. The kick to the head was just tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    (It should go without saying but none of that was to excuse Hunt. What he did was not okay)
    Absolutely not okay. He deserves a long suspension/fine and whatever the league deems necessary. His career just doesn't deserve the death penalty.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post

Rice knocked his wife out and drug her out of an elevator.A drunk hunt kicked someone one time.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    A kick and a push. Those are not innocent no matter what you and "the law" might say. Laws are not morality you know? Slavery was legal. Segregation was legal. My brother who is a social worker was temporarily paralyzed, damn near snapped his neck due to just one push by some punk who pushed him with two hands from behind. Thankfully he relearned to walk again in six months.

That woman Hunt kicked and pushed against the wall could have been similarly seriously injured. Your assertion that "kicked someone one time" is innocent or "not that bad" is naive as shit and quite frankly is part of the problem of our society's attitudes towards always excusing violent behavior against women.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed