Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Le’Veon Bell flirts with the idea of being a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Ben just had what was arguably his best statistical season of his career without Bell.

I think a top 5 OL and having two of the top 10 WR in the league has more to do with it.
    And that is why we don't primarily go by stats.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I don't think they'll sign him if he's still looking for the type of money he turned down from the Steelers, but I'm never gonna say never, because this time last year many of us were saying there wasn't a chance in hell they'd draft LJ and that happened. Obviously a bit different but shit happens.

Personally I see zero value in paying a RB a second contract and I've said so many times, not going to change that opinion. Bell is a great player but you're probably getting 1, maybe 2 more 'great' years out of him, so if you sign him you better structure the contract in a way that doesn't kill you when he falls off a cliff, which will happen. I read the Steelers only had guaranteed money in the first year and that's the smart play. You don't want to be stuck paying this guy $$$ 4 years into the deal when he's a mid tier back or worse.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    27 year old rb with suspension and injury past that wants 15 million plus a year....

That's gonna be a no for dog

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    yeah this would be a horrific signing. Plus he's not going to have an elite offensive line to pitter patter behind for 3 seconds like he did in pitt.

we saw what happened when ray rice started to get happy feet behind the los here. Bell makes no sense cap/age wise at all
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I also think there has been a bit of an odd discrimination against RBs in this league recently... I think people are foolish to think All pro rbs cannot make a team great like a WR can. Teams with stud RBs tend to win a lot of games (see cowboys)
    Zeke and Barkley are true generational talents. Bell is a great RB who has been propped up by the most dominating line the past several years. Him and ben have 5 seconds before they are touched.

His running style will not work without a great offensive line
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And that is why we don't primarily go by stats.
    What are we going off of then?

You comment and form opinions without even watching the games, so it's hard to follow what you're basing anything off of.

6. Re: Le’Veon Bell flirts with the idea of being a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    yeah this would be a horrific signing. Plus he's not going to have an elite offensive line to pitter patter behind for 3 seconds like he did in pitt.

we saw what happened when ray rice started to get happy feet behind the los here. Bell makes no sense cap/age wise at all
    Pretty much says it all.

Blog Entries

The Colts would be a really good fit for Bell. They have a great OL, and a very good QB. If the Colts sign Bell, and focus on defense in the draft, they could be a very tough team to beat this upcoming year.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

How bout Bell in GB?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    What are we going off of then?

You comment and form opinions without even watching the games, so it's hard to follow what you're basing anything off of.
    I think there's gotta be a synthesis of stats and game tape when doing these evaluations. With Bell no doubt he's got stats for days showing he's deadly running and catching the ball. To watch him on gameday, I see a guy that yeah waits before he runs but he hits the hole hard, has burst speed, and makes people miss. In the receiving game you can certainly move him anywhere on the field drawing mismatches (see drawing LB in coverage in open field). Dude's just slippery and as much as we bemoan checkdowns (they do get old), how many of those checkdowns were bad because our guys could shake off defenders and get downfield? Bell seems to do that whenever he gets the ball. If we get him, he evolves the RPO substantially. Picture Bell in the slot with a guy like Edwards or Dixon in the backfield. Bell keeps the box light as well as boasting WR type skill set. That there is deadly

Blog Entries

Personally, I would not do the deal. I’m just arguing that Bell isn’t some bad teammate or ‘locker room cancer’, and that there isn’t a talent out there like him.

Le'Veon Bell has played one 16 game season in his 6 year career. For every other season, he's missed time due to suspension or injury (not including last year's hold out). Please tell me the people that want Bell knowing he will come at a high price tag aren't the same people that want Jimmy gone because of his injury and suspension history.

More on topic, i just don't think this will be an option for Baltimore. WR and o-line will likely be where they go first. I don't trust the mileage Bell already has on his body

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Personally, I would not do the deal. I’m just arguing that Bell isn’t some bad teammate or ‘locker room cancer’, and that there isn’t a talent out there like him.
    Once Bell is signed he's probably going to be a great teammate. I've heard a lot of interviews with guys who played with him in Pittsburgh. Until he started missing games they loved him. That won't be an issue when he signs