Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 O's

2019 O's

Will there be any names that we recognize?

Re: 2019 O's

Chris Davis....unfortunately.

Blog Entries

I don't know why but I have a really good feeling that towards the end of the year, we'll have a small handful of young guys we look at and say, "These are the guys." I don't know who it'll be... Hays, Diaz, Mullins. I just feel like we're going to see these guys take small, promising steps forward. I honestly haven't been this excited about Orioles baseball my whole life. Elias has a plan and I think the FO will come through.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    I don't know why but I have a really good feeling that towards the end of the year, we'll have a small handful of young guys we look at and say, "These are the guys." I don't know who it'll be... Hays, Diaz, Mullins. I just feel like we're going to see these guys take small, promising steps forward. I honestly haven't been this excited about Orioles baseball my whole life. Elias has a plan and I think the FO will come through.
    I feel the same. Expectations are low for the next few years, but I'm excited that they're trying to improve!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    I'm definitely excited for lesser known players like Dean Kremer and Zach Pop. I want see if Ryan Mountcastle is the real deal. Hopefully, Hays' down year was because of injury. Diaz has some untapped natural power that I'm hoping will develop.

Alex Cobb is too good a pitcher to have the same kind of year he did last year again. Bundy is a bulldog, and will give us periods of greatness. I have a real 1989 feel to this team. There's no way they'll compete the way that team did, but they could surprise a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I feel the same. Expectations are low for the next few years, but I'm excited that they're trying to improve!
    From what I have heard, Elias and Hyde (and even the Angelos brothers) are saying all the right things.

They can talk the talk. Question is, can they walk the walk?

Starting pitching has been surprisingly good - the bull pen - not so good.

This date

In 2nd in the AL East - percentage points ahead of the Yankees trailing Tampa Bay!

When is this embarrassment going to end? How can ownership possibly defend the continuing Dollar Store budget for payroll against teams spending 3 times more (O's 73M, RSox 2.25M, Yanks 2.1M). Forget the idea of a league salary cap. What you need is someone to run the team with competitive money. Sell the team boys, for the sake of civic pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace44 View Post
    When is this embarrassment going to end? How can ownership possibly defend the continuing Dollar Store budget for payroll against teams spending 3 times more (O's 73M, RSox 2.25M, Yanks 2.1M). Forget the idea of a league salary cap. What you need is someone to run the team with competitive money. Sell the team boys, for the sake of civic pride!
    Guess you don't understand what 'rebuilding' is all about. Their win total is a week ahead of last year - when they had 'stars', that are now long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Guess you don't understand what 'rebuilding' is all about. Their win total is a week ahead of last year - when they had 'stars', that are now long gone.
    Angelos has had a problem with paying for talent going way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace44 View Post
    Angelos has had a problem with paying for talent going way back.
    And in many cases, when Angelos has PAID for what was thought to be talent he has be burned, not just singed but 3rd degree burned.