Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast
  1. Anyone watching the Alliance of American Football league

The games start this weekend and they have some pretty big names behind the new league. Quite a few NFL scouts were present during their training camp. Wouldnt be surprised to see a handful of these guys drafted when their season ends in April.

AAF.COM

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone watching the Alliance of American Football league

The what?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Is it going to be broadcasted on any stations or just available through internet?

I'd like to give it a chance, but I'm not going to make plans around it.

I thought about getting season tickets, last time I checked it was 75$ for all the games and comes with other stuff I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Is it going to be broadcasted on any stations or just available through internet?

I'd like to give it a chance, but I'm not going to make plans around it.
    It's going to be on NFL Network. 8 PM this Sunday it starts

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's going to be on NFL Network. 8 PM this Sunday it starts
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably record it and give it a chance to see how I like it.

What are people expecting? More like an Arena League type of ball or a serious Developmental League where Defense will actually matter?

7. Re: Anyone watching the Alliance of American Football league

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I thought about getting season tickets, last time I checked it was 75$ for all the games and comes with other stuff I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    What team is close to you?

Yep, I'll try to watch. Some of those rules changes sound great, esp the onside replacement:

- Play clock: The AAF's play clock will be 35 seconds, five seconds shorter than the NFL's. Anything less, Ebersol believes, will actually make the games longer due to sloppier play that results in stoppages through incomplete passes, penalties and the like.

- Timeouts/challenges: There are no television timeouts during games and an ongoing effort to have fewer commercials to reduce overall game time to roughly 150 minutes instead of 180 minutes in the NFL. Additionally, replays will be limited to two coach's challenges for either team.

- Kickoffs: There are no kickoffs; instead, teams will start drives from their own 25-yard lines. In lieu of an onside kick, each team will have a "fourth-and-10" from their 35-yard line. If the offense converts for a first down, it keeps the ball. These alterations were designed not only with player safety in mind, but as a reaction to what NFL fans find to be among the least interesting parts of the game.

- Two-point conversions: There will be no extra point attempts after touchdowns, only two-point conversions.

- Overtimes: To help keep games within a two-and-a-half hour time slot, there will be one overtime session. Each team will start an offensive possession from the 10-yard line, and just like in regulation, two-point conversions are required. Games can end in a tie after the overtime period.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    What team is close to you?

San Diego fleet

I live in San Diego

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Zero interest. Bring back NFL Europa and then it's a maybe.

Long time Salt Lake Stallions fan here.

Blog Entries

I started a thread on this a while back. Pretty slick some of the rules. I’ll check it out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!