Page 3 of 321 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm just saying that, as a player, your Championship is what you work so hard for. If there is an injury that isn't keeping you on a stretcher, you play.
    Ex, but if player "X" played hurt you wouldn't have seen it anyway... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ex, but if player "X" played hurt you wouldn't have seen it anyway... Bc
    That's not the point. I'm just saying. As a player, if you're hurt, I'd think you don't want to hear your Coaching staff trying to preserve you, as if they'd rather lose the Super Bowl, than see you suffer a long-term injury.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm just saying that, as a player, your Championship is what you work so hard for. If there is an injury that isn't keeping you on a stretcher, you play.
    I think that mentality may have been true in the past when teams didn't have a salary cap and could/were more loyal to certain players than they are now.

If Gurley goes all out and tears his ACL or something...he's out for most of the 2019 season and he probably won't get back to what he was until 2020.

Rams could draft a younger, cheaper guy and decide to move on from Gurley. At that point he's older, coming off a major knee injury, and wouldn't be likely to make as much $$$ as he is right now.

Sure, the glory of a SB is wonderful, but these guys are also in a "what have you done for me lately" business and in the NFL, the players are the commodity. They need to make sure they're doing right by them as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

@Hawk is former CLE(?), CIN and NEP WR Andrew Hawkins

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

This is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/stat...-peter-king%2F

The Belichick quote of the week, if you're a Jets fan, regarding Parcells: "We worked together as assistants & then I worked for him in 3 different organizations. The Giants, the Patriots, and another organization."
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

The whole point is to win the Super Bowl. I'm not holding anyone back to ensure that they return for the 2019 season for our next Super Bowl run. I'm winning the one I'm in now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMcOdUfg2E offseason gift from the gods

AB involved in domestic dispute earlier last year but no charges

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't think what the Ravens have done since Rice, which is rely mostly on street FA or mid-late round JAG type guys, is the right approach any more than I think giving a RB a second contract is.

I do agree that a great OL + average back is a much better combination than great back + average OL.
    I find that confusing. Those two statements seem to contradict each other.

If a great OL + avg back is a better combo, then it makes sense to draft for a great OL, and rely on mid-round backs. Right?? But you said just above that it's not the right approach.

?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    This is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/Ian_OConnor/stat...-peter-king%2F

The Belichick quote of the week, if you're a Jets fan, regarding Parcells: "We worked together as assistants & then I worked for him in 3 different organizations. The Giants, the Patriots, and another organization."
    Belichick always coveted the Giants job and never even sniffed it. His relationship with the Giants ownership has always been great despite that slight. The Jets though who actually gave him the head coach job pissed Bill off so much that he won't even speak their name. That dude can really hold a grudge

11. Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

Anybody have the skinny on Spencer Long? Per PFT, he was a third round draftee by Washington in 2015 and signed with the Jets last year for $27.5M over four years. Looks like he primarily played LG and C and started 13 of 16 games for Gang Green last year. Anyway, the Jets released him rather than pay a roster bonus. Poor performance? Health issues? Right player/wrong price?

I try to avoid following the Jets unless it's otherwise impossible so I'm looking for the straight dope from fans more familiar than I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    AB involved in domestic dispute earlier last year but no charges
    Antonio Brown’s lawyer calls misconduct allegations “baseless and false” (PFT) :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ess-and-false/

Steelers WR Antonio Brown involved in domestic dispute, not arrested (ESPN) :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...e-not-arrested

... Bc