Page 267 of 321 FirstFirst ... 265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 3,193 to 3,204 of 3841

Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BhndEnemyLines20 View Post
    I dunno maybe I don't remember what my eyes saw, but going from the stat sheet JuJu hasn't done anything too worrisome against us:

10/01/17: 4 targets, 3 receptions, 47 yds, 1 TD
    09/30/18: 11 targets, 4 receptions, 60 yds, 0 TD
    11/04/18: 9 targets, 7 receptions, 78 yds, 0 TD

That last game is the only intimidating stat line, and even that isn't exactly game-breaking.

Of course, he's also a very young receiver who's a year older. Time will tell and I'm never one to write off the steelers, but I am genuinely curious to see how JuJu performs without AB around.

http://pfref.com/tiny/VC3Zi
    His stat line against us taken out to a full season would be 88 receptions and 1,100 yards. Pretty substantial.

We will see how he performs without Brown there taking double teams. Hopefully Washington and the receiver they just drafted don’t amount to much. Washington looks very good once again in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Post his stats when Smith has been healthy or last year when Humphrey was against him.

I really don’t care what he’s done against us those years where everyone was hurt and we had a patchwork secondary.
    AB has hurt us a lot over the years. That shouldn't even be debated.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    AB has hurt us a lot over the years. That shouldn't even be debated.
    Yes it actually should. It’s easy to say he hurt us a few times because they are divisional rivals and play a ton in very important games.

But exclude a couple huge games against CB’s that we pulled off the streets, he hasn’t been very good against us.

2017 game for 213 yards: No Jimmy

2016 game for 96 yards: Our starters were Tavon Young and Shareece Wright

2014 game for 144 yards: Webb and Dominique “the magician” Franks are our starters.

You take out outliers of him going against backups and all of the sudden he only produced....

67 receptions 738 yards and 3 touchdowns. In 14 games.

That is not scary at all.
    Last edited by Ravens4Real; 08-19-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Yes it actually should. It’s easy to say he hurt us a few times because they are divisional rivals and play a ton in very important games.

But exclude a couple huge games against CB’s that we pulled off the streets, he hasn’t been very good against us.
    I gave you his stats over a ten game sample. That included games against Jimmy, and games without him. I actually remember the article you're thinking of--it was before the week 200 yard game I linked in the video, with Jimmy on the sideline:

"In seven regular-season meetings with Smith, Baltimore has held Brown to 60.1 yards receiving per game and one touchdown. In three games with Smith sidelined, Brown has averaged 151 yards receiving against the Ravens and scored two touchdowns, including one that was played in a commercial."

So even with Jimmy, he averaged 60 yards a game, which would pace out to a 1000 yard season. Jimmy hardly shut him down, he just didn't put up numbers quite as cartoonish as he did without him.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I gave you his stats over a ten game sample. That included games against Jimmy, and games without him. I actually remember the article you're thinking of--it was before the week 200 yard game I linked in the video, with Jimmy on the sideline:

"In seven regular-season meetings with Smith, Baltimore has held Brown to 60.1 yards receiving per game and one touchdown. In three games with Smith sidelined, Brown has averaged 151 yards receiving against the Ravens and scored two touchdowns, including one that was played in a commercial."

So even with Jimmy, he averaged 60 yards a game, which would pace out to a 1000 yard season. Jimmy hardly shut him down, he just didn't put up numbers quite as cartoonish as he did without him.
    The 14-game stats the R4R posted equate to 52 yards/game, or 843 for a full season.

And only three TDs. I'll take that any day against one of the top receivers in the league, especially when you know how many times they are targeting him.

AB has hurt us. But it's hard to say he has "hurt us a lot" over the years. That 213 yard game skews the stats a lot. If you count up the Ravens/Steelers games over his career, there are far more of them where he has been a non-factor than there are where he has hurt us.

(That one fucking play hurt more than anything this side of Lee Evans though.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

AB vs Ravens
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...owAn04/splits/

17 games
    168 targets-99 receptions
    1191 yards
    5 TDs
    1 INT lol
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Holding a perceived top 3 WR in the game to 60 yards a game and only 1 or 2 touchdowns in that entire span.... how in the world is that not amazing?

That basically is shutting down Brown. Especially when he’s gets 10+ targets regularly and is a major part of their offense.

Every single GM/Head Coach would take that EVERY SINGLE WEEK against Brown.

His stat line against us taken out to a full season would be 88 receptions and 1,100 yards. Pretty substantial.

We will see how he performs without Brown there taking double teams. Hopefully Washington and the receiver they just drafted don’t amount to much. Washington looks very good once again in preseason.
    I don't wanna argue with you but how did you get those numbers?

Extrapolating the 3 posted stat lines to 16 games (multiplying their totals by 16/3) results in 75 receptions for 987 yds and 5.33 TDs....which is solid but not game-changing, on par with Amari Cooper or Kenny Golladay last year, so efficient no. 1 but not a keep coaches up at night type player.

http://pfref.com/tiny/GYPnH

Holding a perceived top 3 WR in the game to 60 yards a game and only 1 or 2 touchdowns in that entire span.... how in the world is that not amazing?

That basically is shutting down Brown. Especially when he’s gets 10+ targets regularly and is a major part of their offense.

Every single GM/Head Coach would take that EVERY SINGLE WEEK against Brown.
    There's a big difference between saying we've done a good job against him--I'd agree with that--and saying he hasn't hurt us over the years. He's still produced against us, and he ended our season with one of the most impressive individual efforts I've ever seen just two years ago.

There's a big difference between saying we've done a good job against him--I'd agree with that--and saying he hasn't hurt us over the years. He's still produced against us, and he ended our season with one of the most impressive individual efforts I've ever seen just two years ago.
    I never once said he hasn’t hurt us. I was responding to another poster saying he has hurt us “a lot” which he hasn’t at all. And the times he has hurt us, was whenever we were hurt and playing scrubs back there.

And he’s produced against us like a middling WR2 outside of those outlier games.

I’ll gladly take that against what is to be believed one of, if not the best, WR’s in the game:

I never once said he hasn’t hurt us. I was responding to another poster saying he has hurt us “a lot” which he hasn’t at all. And the times he has hurt us, was whenever we were hurt and playing scrubs back there.

And he’s produced against us like a middling WR2 outside of those outlier games.

I’ll gladly take that against what is to be believed one of, if not the best, WR’s in the game:
    1191 yards and 5 TDs over 17 games by the best WR in the NFL i will gladly take
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

AJ Green VS Ravens

11 Games
    103 Targets- 53 catches
    886 yards
    9 TDs