Page 266 of 321 FirstFirst ... 264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,192 of 3841

Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

I think he's still got it NJ. They had an off year but so did Rodgers. Still studs both of them.

And New!, Rodgers had a hell of a supporting cast when he got his ring. Nobody thrives alone in this league.

AFC north is going to be very very strong this year. I still see Steelers dropping to third place but still might have a shot at wildcard. Plenty of worse teams in the AFC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    AB is back baby
    For how long, till he gets a paper cut or his 10 year old jockstrap is disallowed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    AB is back baby
    With a guy like him it's a :

... Bc

I thought Ben's career would be cut short by the pounding he took early on. But he seems to have settled more into that quick-read, get rid of the ball kind of QB. He used to get sacked 30, 40, even 50 times a season. And that's not including all the times he got clobbered and didn't go down, running around and annoyingly extending plays.

He's become more Brady-esque in recent years, with more arm strength and less accuracy. Playing the way he is, he can last many more years. He's still streaky, and I believe he is now more susceptible to the pass rush, where before he seemed to thrive on being rushed. But when you have a team that is known for their ability to draft and develop WRs, you have to at least throw a little bit of credit at the QB, don't you?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    There just simply aren’t 8-10 guys in this league better than Big Ben at QB. At the lowest he’s in the 4-6 range.

And I said Rodgers and Brees because I feel those are the top 2 that he’s a step down from.

Also, I didn’t believe that TJ Watt was bad against the run or even mediocre for that matter. Upon doing some digging, he was top 20 in both pass rushing efficiency and also run defense efficiency in both categories for OLB’ers. That’s really damn good for a 2nd year player.

His problem is that he’s bad in coverage. An area that I’m not even sure why the Steelers make him do.
    Hmmm....I'll take Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Mahomes, Wilson, and Ryan over Ben. Wentz too, when healthy. Didn't Ben lead the league in picks last year? I read somewhere that he had the most dropped interceptions also. I think many QB's would put up huge numbers with the weapons he had. Not to mention the fact that he's a douche who is toxic in the locker room. I'm skeptical of how good he's gonna be without Brown....you don't lose a top 3 WR and improve. He's also 37 and doesn't take care of his body the way Brady does. I am definitely biased but sites like PFF and PreSnapReads have him lower than all of those guys I mentioned.

I also didn't realize that Watt was ranked pretty highly vs the run. I watched him get pushed around and pancaked by Zeus JR and also vs. the Pats but it seems like he had some other very good games to make up for it. I actually think Heyward is their best defender. The big problem with their defense, though, is that they can't cover guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    It’s absolutely not “out of hatred” by the way. I hate him as a person (because he’s a bad person, not because he’s a Steeler) but I’ve long deeply respected him as a player because I’ve seen what he’s done to us time after time. For years I’ve had Ben as a legitimately top tier QB as good as anybody in the league after Brady. And he’s been my pick for “one drive to win the game” for pretty much his entire career.

He’s just not that guy anymore though.
    You asked... I gave ya my reasons

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmccharles; 08-19-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Mostly I'm just glad Brown left Pittsburgh. He was the guy who always seemed to beat us at the last second. Smith-Schuster is great but he was also helped by Brown's presence; Brown being gone will free up Thomas to do what he does. I think our corners match up better with Schuster's style than they do vs. Brown....Smith, Carr, and Humphrey are bigger guys who can neutralize his physicality. Washington is a big step down from Brown. If Thomas can stay healthy I think we stand a good chance of locking them down next year.

Blog Entries

Todd Haley was the best thing to ever happen to Ben Roethlisberger's career.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Mostly I'm just glad Brown left Pittsburgh. He was the guy who always seemed to beat us at the last second. Smith-Schuster is great but he was also helped by Brown's presence; Brown being gone will free up Thomas to do what he does. I think our corners match up better with Schuster's style than they do vs. Brown....Smith, Carr, and Humphrey are bigger guys who can neutralize his physicality. Washington is a big step down from Brown. If Thomas can stay healthy I think we stand a good chance of locking them down next year.
    Brown hardly ever did anything against us. Smith routinely locked him down.

JuJu coming out of the slot did well against us last year.

We seemed to be the only team that ever had an answer for Brown.

Over his last ten games against us he's averaged 7 catches for 90 yards with 5 total TDs including one pretty damn significant one. And there were several absolutely dominant games. He was pretty directly responsible for knocking us off in both 2016 and 2017.

I dunno maybe I don't remember what my eyes saw, but going from the stat sheet JuJu hasn't done anything too worrisome against us:

10/01/17: 4 targets, 3 receptions, 47 yds, 1 TD
    09/30/18: 11 targets, 4 receptions, 60 yds, 0 TD
    11/04/18: 9 targets, 7 receptions, 78 yds, 0 TD

That last game is the only intimidating stat line, and even that isn't exactly game-breaking.

Of course, he's also a very young receiver who's a year older. Time will tell and I'm never one to write off the steelers, but I am genuinely curious to see how JuJu performs without AB around.

http://pfref.com/tiny/VC3Zi

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Over his last ten games against us he's averaged 7 catches for 90 yards with 5 total TDs including one pretty damn significant one. And there were several absolutely dominant games. He was pretty directly responsible for knocking us off in both 2016 and 2017.

Post his stats when Smith has been healthy or last year when Humphrey was against him.

I really don’t care what he’s done against us those years where everyone was hurt and we had a patchwork secondary.