Page 2 of 321 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    His knee is banged up and they’ve invested soooo much money in him. I have a weird feeling TG will be injury prone for the rest of his career. That knee which I believe he first injured in college is going to keep coming back.
    He has to have a strained PCL or something and was afraid of a full tear knocking him out of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Even heavier than this season ..??
    I hope so

Blog Entries

Gurley in a year or two is going to be just another poster boy of why you don't pay RBs IMO. Maybe even this year. Whoever pays Bell this offseason is going to feel that burn a year or two down the line also.

The Rams, especially, should have exercised more restraint with that. I won't call Gurley a system back as he's better than that, but he clearly benefits from playing in that system, and I think you'd get pretty good results from any decent back slotted in there. Anderson has kind of shown that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Gurley in a year or two is going to be just another poster boy of why you don't pay RBs IMO. Maybe even this year. Whoever pays Bell this offseason is going to feel that burn a year or two down the line also.

The Rams, especially, should have exercised more restraint with that. I won't call Gurley a system back as he's better than that, but he clearly benefits from playing in that system, and I think you'd get pretty good results from any decent back slotted in there. Anderson has kind of shown that.
    ATBE, it's just not smart money spent.
    Better off shoring-up that OL and acquiring RBs with the traits you value.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Superior line with average RB > superior RB with average line.

Its why I'm puzzled people keep saying we need bell or a 1st round RB.

Unless your line is solid or your drafting the next Barry sanders, LT, Lynch or Barkley......you probably are reaching for RBs
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Superior line with average RB > superior RB with average line.

Its why I'm puzzled people keep saying we need bell or a 1st round RB.

Unless your line is solid or your drafting the next Barry sanders, LT, Lynch or Barkley......you probably are reaching for RBs
    I agree...

...but then you have guys like Saquon Barkley that can just make shit happen.

Right now...is there a better RB than Saquon Barkley? There are a few good players, but that guy is special.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I posted this on the Super Bowl thread, but thought it fits here too :

To all those who had predicted the Patriots were deteriorating, I am reminded of a quote by Mark Twain, “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Man, it’s the Super Bowl. Fuck injuries.

Blog Entries

Question Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Man, it’s the Super Bowl. Fuck injuries.
    Ex, I don't understand? You imply this is "the Super Bowl" as if it's the absolute grandest game after a long season and playoffs (and I agree), but you wrote "I am so glad that I did not watch that game. And yes, it is absolutely ignorant of me to start this thread when I didn’t even watch the game" in another thread (Jared Goff sucks) that you started. That reminds me of the person who complains about a politician, but when asked who they voted for, say "I didn't vote." So, to me you kind of negated your own premise... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree...

...but then you have guys like Saquon Barkley that can just make shit happen.

Right now...is there a better RB than Saquon Barkley? There are a few good players, but that guy is special.
    Barry Sanders and Barkley can literally create with no line or team around them. Thats insane and Probably the only two players I've seen that can/ could do it.
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

I'm still open to drafting a back high if it's a Gurley or Barkley or Elliott type...just have to accept it's a 5 year player, 6 at most with a year on the tag, and you probably aren't getting anything past that (by your own choice due to it not being smart financially to sign RBs).

I don't think what the Ravens have done since Rice, which is rely mostly on street FA or mid-late round JAG type guys, is the right approach any more than I think giving a RB a second contract is.

I do agree that a great OL + average back is a much better combination than great back + average OL.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ex, I don't understand? You imply this is "the Super Bowl" as if it's the absolute grandest game after a long season and playoffs (and I agree), but you wrote "I am so glad that I did not watch that game. And yes, it is absolutely ignorant of me to start this thread when I didn’t even watch the game" in another thread (Jared Goff sucks) that you started. That reminds me of the person who complains about a politician, but when asked who they voted for, say "I didn't vote." So, to me you kind of negated your own premise... Bc
    I'm just saying that, as a player, your Championship is what you work so hard for. If there is an injury that isn't keeping you on a stretcher, you play.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore