Page 265 of 321 FirstFirst ... 263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 3,169 to 3,180 of 3841

Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

I think Ben is overrated. Not worried about him in the least. The Steelers do have a very good line on both the sides of the ball though.

On the other hand, the Browns D-line is even better and so is their running back, Receivers/tight end, and secondary. I think both teams will be good next year but if I had to pick which one is more of a threat I would probably give the Browns a very slight edge.

Mason Rudolph is being wasted in Pittsburgh.

Blog Entries

Tel you what, Falcons OL looks like trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I think Ben is overrated. Not worried about him in the least. The Steelers do have a very good line on both the sides of the ball though.

On the other hand, the Browns D-line is even better and so is their running back, Receivers/tight end, and secondary. I think both teams will be good next year but if I had to pick which one is more of a threat I would probably give the Browns a very slight edge.
    I understand why people say it because it’s out of hatred but it’s ridiculous to say Big Ben is overrated at this point. Unless you are saying he’s as good as Rodgers or Brees. Any other QB, I believe he’s better than or at least on par.

And I’m still taking the Steelers D line over the Browns. Although they have the best player in Garrett, I think a rotation of Watt, Heyward, Tuitt, Hargraves and Dupree is more compete than Vernon, Garrett, Richardson and Ogunjobi.

Outside of Garrett, the Browns have a couple of guys that pop out because of their name recognition. Vernon is a decent pass rusher but he hasn’t had a complete season in a couple years. Richardson has come no where close to his draft pedigree.

The Steelers, outside of Dupree, are all very good. Hargraves had 6.5 sacks last year as a NT.

Runnings back: Browns
    Wide Receivers: Browns
    Tight End: Steelers
    Secondary: Browns. But I’m not really sure who they have at safety. This is always the big if with the Steelers. They better hope Nelson performs. But they also had Coty Sensabaugh starting for most of the year last year so there’s no where to go but up for them.

At the end of the day, just like with most teams, it’s going to come down to how the QB’s perform. Big Ben is one of the best in the league and Mayfield has the game to climb up the list sooner rather than later.

Both of these teams should be very good. It’s going to be a tough year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I understand why people say it because it’s out of hatred but it’s ridiculous to say Big Ben is overrated at this point. Unless you are saying he’s as good as Rodgers or Brees. Any other QB, I believe he’s better than or at least on par.

And I’m still taking the Steelers D line over the Browns. Although they have the best player in Garrett, I think a rotation of Watt, Heyward, Tuitt, Hargraves and Dupree is more compete than Vernon, Garrett, Richardson and Ogunjobi.

Outside of Garrett, the Browns have a couple of guys that pop out because of their name recognition. Vernon is a decent pass rusher but he hasn’t had a complete season in a couple years. Richardson has come no where close to his draft pedigree.

The Steelers, outside of Dupree, are all very good. Hargraves had 6.5 sacks last year as a NT.

Runnings back: Browns
    Wide Receivers: Browns
    Tight End: Steelers
    Secondary: Browns. But I’m not really sure who they have at safety. This is always the big if with the Steelers. They better hope Nelson performs. But they also had Coty Sensabaugh starting for most of the year last year so there’s no where to go but up for them.

At the end of the day, just like with most teams, it’s going to come down to how the QB’s perform. Big Ben is one of the best in the league and Mayfield has the game to climb up the list sooner rather than later.

Both of these teams should be very good. It’s going to be a tough year.
    I disagree about Ben being up there with Rodgers and Brees. I think he's in the 8-10 range. He had arguably the best receivers in the NFL last year along with a great line, and he threw for a lot of yards....but he also missed a lot of throws and got picked way too often. Thats what I mean when I say overrated. I think he's a pretty good QB who's been the beneficiary of a fantastic supporting cast.

Both teams have a great D line. I think you are underestimating Vernon though. He got hurt towards the end but still had a great year in terms of pressure and playing the run while being the only pass rush threat on the Giants. I view pressure/QB hits as more important than sacks because it's not his fault if the secondary sucks. I also think people overlook how Watt is mediocre against the run. But I can see why you say the Steelers are more complete. It's definitely close.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I disagree about Ben being up there with Rodgers and Brees. I think he's in the 8-10 range. He had arguably the best receivers in the NFL last year along with a great line, and he threw for a lot of yards....but he also missed a lot of throws and got picked way too often. Thats what I mean when I say overrated. I think he's a pretty good QB who's been the beneficiary of a fantastic supporting cast.

Both teams have a great D line. I think you are underestimating Vernon though. He got hurt towards the end but still had a great year in terms of pressure and playing the run while being the only pass rush threat on the Giants. I view pressure/QB hits as more important than sacks because it's not his fault if the secondary sucks. I also think people overlook how Watt is mediocre against the run. But I can see why you say the Steelers are more complete. It's definitely close.
    There just simply aren’t 8-10 guys in this league better than Big Ben at QB. At the lowest he’s in the 4-6 range.

And I said Rodgers and Brees because I feel those are the top 2 that he’s a step down from.

Also, I didn’t believe that TJ Watt was bad against the run or even mediocre for that matter. Upon doing some digging, he was top 20 in both pass rushing efficiency and also run defense efficiency in both categories for OLB’ers. That’s really damn good for a 2nd year player.

His problem is that he’s bad in coverage. An area that I’m not even sure why the Steelers make him do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Tel you what, Falcons OL looks like trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they let Matty Ryan absorb 3 sacks and 8 hits in a preseason game? smh

their left tackle and center are strong but the rest is a work in progress..

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Yeah, someone else would have to share their experiences with it because I have not seen a Ravens preseason ticket/pricing before.

I’d assume that the preseason tickets are greatly discounted. It would be asinine not to have that done.
    This info is right on the ravens website. In theory the ravens do charge "regular season" prices for the preseason. My tickets for preseason in Sec 529 is $46 each. That's face value. However in the secondary market they are selling for half that hence the term "regular season pricing".

AB is back baby

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Great offensive line
    Great skill positions

Linebackers might be better

Flawed team but still should put up 30 a game
    The OL should be good, for sure, but they're getting old (particularly on the interior), dealt Marcus Gilbert, and lost Mike Munchak as well. I’m not sure they’re going to be great anymore and they really need to be because honestly I have no idea what you’re talking about with the skill position players. James Conner looked very ordinary over the latter half of the year, and every pass catcher besides Juju looks like a JAG to me.

It’s absolutely not “out of hatred” by the way. I hate him as a person (because he’s a bad person, not because he’s a Steeler) but I’ve long deeply respected him as a player because I’ve seen what he’s done to us time after time. For years I’ve had Ben as a legitimately top tier QB as good as anybody in the league after Brady. And he’s been my pick for “one drive to win the game” for pretty much his entire career.

He’s just not that guy anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    It’s absolutely not “out of hatred” by the way. I hate him as a person (because he’s a bad person, not because he’s a Steeler) but I’ve long deeply respected him as a player because I’ve seen what he’s done to us time after time. For years I’ve had Ben as a legitimately top tier QB as good as anybody in the league after Brady. And he’s been my pick for “one drive to win the game” for pretty much his entire career.

He’s just not that guy anymore though.
    Outside of 2014, he just put up the best offensive season of his career last year.

It makes no sense to say “he’s not that guy anymore” with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Unless the thought process is that he’s completely fallen off this offseason with no proof to back it up.