Page 93 of 321 FirstFirst ... 9192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,105 to 1,116 of 3841

Re: 2019 Off-Season "Around The League" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If you have a QB on a rookie contract it can work without much trouble.

Matt Ryan has a 5/$150M contract he inked one year ago. That is a lot of cap space locked up on two players.
    Yea the rookie qb contract is a good point, basically the only way really. I wouldn't have even given up the draft capital they did to get julio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

If you have a QB on a rookie contract it can work without much trouble.

Matt Ryan has a 5/$150M contract he inked one year ago. That is a lot of cap space locked up on two players.
    The reason the Browns are loading up now is because their QB is on his rookie deal. They know that now is the time that they can pay big contracts and are okay trading draft picks for those guys.

Your Falcons example is a really good one. That team is hurting on defense because of Julio, Ryan and franchising Grady Jarrett.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The reason the Browns are loading up now is because their QB is on his rookie deal. They know that now is the time that they can pay big contracts and are okay trading draft picks for those guys.

Your Falcons example is a really good one. That team is hurting on defense because of Julio, Ryan and franchising Grady Jarrett.
    And the Falcons don't seem to know how to build a good defense through the draft either.

This is why the Browns have the potential to be a very dangerous team the next few years. Being Cleveland they will probably find a way to fuck it up, lol.

Blog Entries

And the Falcons don't seem to know how to build a good defense through the draft either.

This is why the Browns have the potential to be a very dangerous team the next few years. Being Cleveland they will probably find a way to fuck it up, lol.
    Those Browns teams who fucked everything up were different people. Unless the owner gets involved again they're going to know how to evaluate personnel. It's going to create a lot more parity in the division

Browns have had a distinct advantage over most other teams by picking at the top of the draft every year. Really rough when you're choosing between Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley. Ravens might be able to land that #1 wideout with a top 5 pick.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Those Browns teams who fucked everything up were different people. Unless the owner gets involved again they're going to know how to evaluate personnel. It's going to create a lot more parity in the division
    Don't rain on my parade, lol.

Right now I would pick the Browns to win the AFC North if I was forced to make a choice.

Don't rain on my parade, lol.

Right now I would pick the Browns to win the AFC North if I was forced to make a choice.
    It will be interesting to see how they do with all this pressure.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they do with all this pressure.

I think Baker will be fine. Kitchens is who Browns fans should worry about. He is inexperienced and will be coaching a roster filled with big egos.

I think Baker will be fine. Kitchens is who Browns fans should worry about. He is inexperienced and will be coaching a roster filled with big egos.
    Agreed

Luckily for the time being it seems the Bengals are about ready to slide into the Browns spot for at least a year or two and the Steelers are certainly in danger of sliding back to the Bengals spot if they’re not careful.

And a owner who falls in love with certain players.

Blog Entries

Another player has announced his retirement and.......its not Rob Gronkowski

It's Jeremy Maclin who looked pretty much retired when he signed with the Ravens 2 years ago.