View Poll Results: Should PI be reviewable?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • YAY

23 65.71%
  • NAY

12 34.29%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Should PI be reveiwable?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    EVERY play should be reviewable.

As long as you limit challenges, so if a coach fritters his challenges on calls that are correct he's S.O.L. late in the game when he wants to challenge a clear miss.
    This.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    D-backs would be pulling PI all day on throws longer than 15 yards they are slightly beat on.
    Definitely...why wouldn’t they... I can definitely see a guy getting beat and doing PI ...
    It would definitely be worth doing... this is why the rule is what it is now... to stop that.

3. Re: Should PI be reveiwable?

I think every penalty during the last 2 mins should be reviewable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What is funny is that as soon as a play happens the TV stations already have it played back in seconds and before the next play... so if they can do it why can’t the NFL... just put a earpiece in the refs ear and have NY tell them what the correct call is... that would not take any time hardly at all...
    I mean just think of all the money a place like New Orleans loses because of not being able to merchandise souvenirs from their team going to the Super Bowl... and all because of one call...
    The games are too big these days with too much money riding on the outcomes to not have the best officiating possible... and if that means reviewing every play then so be it...
    I mean if someone can sit through an entire baseball game that takes forever with little to no action I am sure that one can sit through and NFL game and see reviews of plays... I mean when a game comes on TV Sunday I watch all 3 games... the 1 o’clock, 4 o’clock, and the Sunday Night game... so what difference would it make...

In order for PI to be reviewable there needs to be a clearer definition of PI. As is, no. But I would like a complete revamp of the holding/illegal hands/PI system.

What's the point? They will uphold even bad calls if the call is not an obvious egregious error.

Just like constantly adding new laws is not the answer, so is this yearly and constant adding of rules and challenges. Just enforce objectively the ones on the books already. But that won't happen because the Tom Brady's, Steelers, Patriots will always have the refs favoring to them on calls.

No pass PI should not be reviewable. On so many plays the receiver and DB are hand checking each other, if they make it reviewable the refs will start calling PI way too often.

As for yesterdays play it was a bad call but the Rams player actually had better position and could easily have knocked down the pass or intercepted if he had just turned around. I think that may be why it wasn't called.

Anyway the Saints are whining and complaining way too much as if they are the only team ever burned by a bad call. Whose to say they would not have blown the game in some other way even if PI had been called.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Should PI be reveiwable?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    In order for PI to be reviewable there needs to be a clearer definition of PI. As is, no. But I would like a complete revamp of the holding/illegal hands/PI system.
    It's such a difficult problem for the NFL. PI like beauty...

is in the eye of the beholder. At least that's what Rod Serling says... Bc

I am probably in the minority on this, but I just hate the entire penalty of pass interference, and would just rather it went away period. Make the corners line up five yards off the LOS, don't allow corners to tackle receivers before the ball gets to them, and aside from that allow all the tugging/holding/pick plays they want for both corners and receivers.

Pass interference is too subjective, both from an offensive and defensive perspective. I understand why it was implemented, but IMO the cure is worse than the disease. I'd rather see it disappear entirely.

No refs just need to do their damn jobs. Plus if they miss PI when it happens right in front of them how is replay going to change anything?

Blog Entries

Nothing else should be added to replay unless the decision is made by the booth and they can just buzz the refs on the field to tell them to change the call. The biggest buzzkill in the review process is how long it takes. A guy in the booth can review it faster than the guy on the field can. Refs on the field don't need to be involved and we don't need to wait on them going over to the sidelines and all that. Stay where you are and if the booth can see it in less than 15 seconds, they tell the ref and the ref changes it. If it takes more than 15 sec, its' not "clear and obvious" and the call needs to stand and everybody move on.