View Poll Results: Should PI be reviewable?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • YAY

23 65.71%
  • NAY

12 34.29%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Should PI be reveiwable?

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reports the NFL's competition committee will "give consideration" to making pass interference calls reviewable.

Several coaches including Sean Payton, whose team was on the receiving end of a horrific and game-changing non-call on Sunday, have been in favor of making pass interference reviewable, and it sounds like there is a possibility they will get their wish. "It will be discussed at length along with additional fouls that coaches feel should be subject to review," a source told Maske. A more comprehensive and streamlined review system could help, but the underlying issue is a serious refereeing problem which needs to be addressed.

Re: Should PI be reveiwable?

EVERY play should be reviewable.

As long as you limit challenges, so if a coach fritters his challenges on calls that are correct he's S.O.L. late in the game when he wants to challenge a clear miss.

This is tough, certainly in egregious situations like yesterday it seems easy, but in many ways PI occurs
    on almost every pass play. I just don't want it to become like the catch situation was the last few years.
    I for one don't enjoy all the stoppage of play and going over all the minutia so I would vote no unless there
    is some way to modify it, but I will
    probably be in the minority today.

I think after this year you've gotta consider making interference and roughing the passer reviewable.

Any penalty that is a 'point of foul' for penalty placement should be reviewable.

Change PI to a specific yard foul and there is little need to review.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Any penalty that is a 'point of foul' for penalty placement should be reviewable.

Change PI to a specific yard foul and there is little need to review.
    Agree 100%. Make PI like college. 15 yds. Period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

No. Way to subjective. Although yesterday's was quite obvious. But I can live with that blown call if it means leaving it not reviewable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Agree 100%. Make PI like college. 15 yds. Period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D-backs would be pulling PI all day on throws longer than 15 yards they are slightly beat on.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    No. Way to subjective. Although yesterday's was quite obvious. But I can live with that blown call if it means leaving it not reviewable.
    You answered it yourself. 90% of the time it's too subjective to win a challenge. And so coaches will learn not to lose challenges on close PI calls. But 10% of the time it's a blatant miss, as you point out last night.

If you limit the number of challenges coaches can make us sit through, why should we care what they want to challenge.

The same standards can apply: anything short of an obvious miss and the call stands.

The PI happened in the last two minutes - not reviewable?
    Will New York review every aspect of the plays or will they be allowed to challenge at end of halves?

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    The PI happened in the last two minutes - not reviewable?
    Not reviewable now because you can't challenge a non-call.

If the game can be moved along without the Ref going under the hood every damn time then sure.
    So maybe only personal fouls and all PIs, if the in-stadium "point-of-contact" can make a decision and buzz the ref, ump or clock judge within 12-18 seconds.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver