3. Justice Hill
    4. Mike Weber
    5. Benny Snell

Undrafted running backs to look for:
    Ty Johnson
    James Williams
    DJ Knox
    Tony Brooks-James

As usual the draft is loaded with potential at running back.

WR:

1. AJ Brown
    2. Hollywood
    3. Parris Campbell

Undrafted WR to look for:

Jalen Brown

I think we need a speedster for LJ that can get open when the play extends

Defense:
    Clelin Ferrell
    Greedy Williams
    Montez Sweat
    Devin White

Mostly focusing on offense skill position for now and I know cornerback is our best strength but Greedy would be an incredibly greedy pick too good to pass up on.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Board

In 1964 the Draft Board declared my draft status to be "1A." Is that what you mean? ... Bc

Blog Entries

After his performance at the E/W Shrine Game, Ty Johnson is getting drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

You're right.

I know that the first couplefew rounds are BPA rather than need – or the intersection of "value" with need, or whatever – but I am having a hard time prioritizing the "needs" of this team. I feel like we have an unusual amount of urgent "needs", for a first-place team. In no particular order:

Pass rusher
    Safety
    WR who demands defensive attention
    Interior OL
    Big-play RB
    Coverage LB

We need like six picks in the first 2 or 3 rounds this year!

Am I being alarmist?? How the hell do we prioritize our needs this year? Or do we not try, just grab BPA in the first ~3 rds and try to fill in "needs" later in the draft?

Actually, just writing that down helped me clarify my thoughts. A high-talent guy at pass rusher, safety or WR would have the biggest impact on this team. If we get a 3rd-rd comp pick, we could throw some kind of solution at each position. We can limp along with later-round guys at the other positions.

Not that i would say no to a home-run hitter at RB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I know that the first couplefew rounds are BPA rather than need – or the intersection of "value" with need, or whatever – but I am having a hard time prioritizing the "needs" of this team. I feel like we have an unusual amount of urgent "needs", for a first-place team. In no particular order:

Pass rusher
    Safety
    WR who demands defensive attention
    Interior OL
    Big-play RB
    Coverage LB

We need like six picks in the first 2 or 3 rounds this year!

Am I being alarmist?? How the hell do we prioritize our needs this year? Or do we not try, just grab BPA in the first ~3 rds and try to fill in "needs" later in the draft?
    I think big play running back should be at the very top. Every good offense out there has one (or had in Hunts Case)

WR rounds 1-7
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Yep. And hopefully by us!

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think big play running back should be at the very top. Every good offense out there has one (or had in Hunts Case)

Even then, Damien Williams averaged over 5 YPC in his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Actually, just writing that down helped me clarify my thoughts. A high-talent guy at pass rusher, safety or WR would have the biggest impact on this team. If we get a 3rd-rd comp pick, we could throw some kind of solution at each position. We can limp along with later-round guys at the other positions.

Not that i would say no to a home-run hitter at RB.
    I like the way your thinking crystalizes. I am not inclined to ask the draft to address the long list, and FA will surely change how we think about one or more of the categories.

For round 1, GWNR is keen IIRC on a high-quality pass rusher or WR who demands defensive attention (I like your label). I agree. If an EDGE/pass rusher is there at #22 where we would say to ourselves, yeah, this guy can succeed Sizzle long term - then you have to take him. A first-rate WR demands just about as much drooling. If a very good WR is there in the 3rd round, we might have to take him instead as our best shot.

That leaves, in urgency, for me, rounds 3 and 4 for a total of two iOL.

Safety is a possibility in FA, I hope - maybe Clinton Dix or Earl Thomas. I am afraid of a bandaid year at FS with some combination of guys, none of whom can really do it.

I could be wrong but I don't feel like worrying about the following:

This may not be the year to go for a home run RB. Our RBC played well and I would not subtract Collins yet. They would do even better with better interior OL.

I am also optimistic about our young ILBs.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

RBs:
    1. Josh jacobs
    2. David Montgomery
    3. Damien Harris
    4. Benny Snell
    5. Myles Gaskin