Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I'm really surprised by that......either way that was a fantastic throw by Smith. Why we didn't try that all game is beyond me?
    Kinda hard to do it when your o line is letting you down

I'm really surprised by that......either way that was a fantastic throw by Smith. Why we didn't try that all game is beyond me?
    Every high school play book has only one deep play pass. ;)
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

We tried a couple early, but the receivers were pretty much covered.

Oh now they go for it on 4th down!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    you can ignore peoples posts??? I need to know how to do that! :)
    Click on the person's name and go to their profile, then Add to Ignore List.

Then you get this:

"crazyraven
    This message is hidden because crazyraven is on your ignore list. "

Unfortunately, I've given that guy way more attention than I should have tonight.

as always sting has to punk out. No matter.

Ok guys, Im out.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This conservative dink and dunk crap is fine when you get ahead of the chains, but we haven't been ahead of the chains since about last December.
    First, great pass by Smith, amazing what a QB can do when he has time and an open receiver.

Second, you people might want to know that Billick calls tons of downfield passes, the dinks and dunks for the most part are check downs. The reason they look like called plays is our QBs are so damn gun shy from the beatings they drop back and check down without looking downfield about 70% of the time.

I feel bad for Troy today. He's now 0-1 as a starter, and it was unfair to put him in that hole.

We looked like CRAP today because we played like CRAP because that's the talent we have on the field. It's been that way all year.

Goddamned third stringers. I just hate this year, as a fan.

Corey Ivy should be on the bench!!!!??? Who should be in at corner? Willie freakin' Gaston???

This godforsaken year, this is what we're left with. *sigh*
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I didnt see anything bad from Troy's play. He played as well as he could considering the condition of our O line and he showed more poise and pocket presence than Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Second, you people might want to know that Billick calls tons of downfield passes, the dinks and dunks for the most part are check downs. The reason they look like called plays is our QBs are so damn gun shy from the beatings they drop back and check down without looking downfield about 70% of the time.
    Don't dispute that Greg, but at some point the coach has gotta change something up in his scheme to get the QB some looks further down the field that he likes. For all Billick might be stubborn and say these passes should be there, if the QB doesn't like those reads then Billick as the HC and OC (with Neuheisel) has gotta change the plays up to give us some better downfield looks. Either that or our WRs have gotta work a bit harder to get open downfield to get the coach and QB their downfield looks.

It's definitely a shared responsibility, the QBs aren't confident enough to look for the plays downfield & the WRs aren't getting open DF. However, if the passing game has gone this stale I'd have expected the coaching staff to switch up the playbook a bit, give us some new looks etc. The coach can't be completely blameless in this one just because the QB isn't looking downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I didnt see anything bad from Troy's play. He played as well as he could considering the condition of our O line and he showed more poise and pocket presence than Boller.
    All those throws to the wideouts' toes aren't bad throws then? Not all of those were under pressure, they're on Smith (he knows that), he's gotta get 'em up. There were certainly poor aspects of Smith's play today but they weren't the over powering aspect of his performance.