Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast

Re: Mock Draft Sites

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Smith is an ideal mid-round pick for the Ravens given our depth. He needs further development, but has impressive physical traits. Just doesn't have a lot of experience. Not sure why he declared, but he's a high upside guy. In the 6th round? You pull that trigger 100%
    I like Anthony Averett better and drafting Smith might bump Averett off the team. With the signing of Bethel, Maurice Canady and Cyrus Jones are already on the outside looking in.

In other words, providing health of course, Smith does not make my Ravens 53.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Smith is an ideal mid-round pick for the Ravens given our depth. He needs further development, but has impressive physical traits. Just doesn't have a lot of experience. Not sure why he declared, but he's a high upside guy. In the 6th round? You pull that trigger 100%
    Yeah. I like his measurables. I’d def take him late. .

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I like Anthony Averett better and drafting Smith might bump Averett off the team. With the signing of Bethel, Maurice Canady and Cyrus Jones are already on the outside looking in.

You never have enough DBs Brother WNC! Lol. Maybe he could be an IR stash? Or atleast PS guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You never have enough DBs Brother WNC! Lol. Maybe he could be an IR stash? Or atleast PS guy?

For a 6th round pick, yeah the ol' IR stash is in play. Side note - would be amused bringing in another Alabama DB. They could form a little coterie.

Bethel could take away from any position group tbh... he didn’t play a down of defense last year for a really bad Falcons unit, his position may as well be “gunner”

That said:
    Humphrey
    Carr
    Jimmy
    Young
    Averett
    Sauvion
    Bethel
    Is seven. That’s fine.

Isn't seven stretching it though?

Right, forgot, Ravens are carrying 3 WR lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OmarComin View Post
    Clearly I like Parris Campbell more than most. I think he's just what Lamar needs. Can take the short pass to the house.

Your score is: 29942 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 29 (K.C.): Campbell, Parris, WR, Ohio State (C+)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 23 (CHI): Holyfield, Elijah, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 38 (COMP): Samuel, Deebo, WR, South Carolina (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 11: Burkett, Jesse, C, Stanford (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 21: Alexander, Ed, DT, LSU (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 24 (CHI): Fields, Mark, CB, Clemson (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 22: Henderson, Darrell, RB, Memphis (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 18: Huggins, Albert, DT, Clemson (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 20: Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
    I know this is a mock, and I do like Campbell and Lindstrom, but 3 WRs and 2 RBs seems unrealistic to me... Bc
    P.S. - OC welcome to the RSR board!

Now that I think about it... it may make some people cringe but the situation is so bad, the Ravens should probably carry only 4 WR. Why waste roster spots on trash? Plus there'll be a lot of 2TE and 2RB sets.

THis is a very good point. It was funny when I posted my 7 round mock, I had 3 people on twitter comment that I didn't take a corner.

I really don't see a place for a corner.

CB - Humphrey, Averett
    CB - Smith, Carr, Bethel
    sCB - Young, Canady

That's full pretty much. Of course, he could play Canady off the time who hasn't been that impressive, but I wouldn't clasify it as a need.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Yeah I don’t see any reason Maurice Canady should block a prospect you like.

7 is pretty normal especially when one of them is a great ST player.

Mel kiper has us taking Erik McCoy 22nd overall. Lindstrom going 1 pick ahead of us to the Seahawks. The funny part? Cody ford falls to the chargers at 28...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...medium=ios_app

I totally disagree with the notion that drafting a CB crowds our CB room/might bump Averett off the team. Bethel and Jones will rarely if ever play on defense. They're special teams guys, and won't be factored into our DB decision making. Additionally, I think Jones and Canaday are way more on the roster bubble than the promising Averett. I think they will and should draft a CB at some point in this draft, keep in mind Carr, Smith, and Canaday are all in contract years. If you gotta lose someone, lose Canaday not Averett. Canaday is always injured and probably won't be on the roster next year anyway.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."