College All-Star Games Thread

In case anyone is watching and wants to comment on the East-West, Collegiate, or Senior Bowl.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Re: College All-Star Games Thread

Watching Shrine Game. Two Terps actually shining: RB Ty Johnson and ILB Tre Watson.

OLBs Justin Hollins from Oregon and Jordan Brailford from OKSU looked good as a pure edge rushers. Hollins during the week was compared to Matt Judon by his coaches.

Nick Brossette, RB, LSU made a great over the shoulder TD catch. His resume fits what the Ravens could be looking for in a North-South third down back. I liked the way Nebraska RB Devine Ozigo looked like a downhill runner.

On the OL Nick Allegretti from Illinois looked very good at both G and C. And Georgia C Lamont Gaillard was impressive. Georgia teammate WR Terry Godwin looked quick out of his breaks and super smooth catching the ball-small frame, but the type of skillset I'd like to see the Ravens target.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-19-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Ty Johnson is the real deal. He gets to the edge not many people are going to catch him. In addition, he is strong in the return game. If he can stay healthy he will have a decent NFL career.

BIG Ty Johnson fan.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I think he could be a stud in this offense as a change of pace back. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and he hits the holes quickly. He's gone if he gets to the second level or the edge. My concern is durability. In addition he is a Maryland kid from Fort Hill.

Tre Watson seemed like he made EVERY tackle. Played most of the game. They'd put in some other LG and the West team would break off a big run and they'd put him back in. Looked a lot like Kenny Young closing on balls thrown behind the line and in the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    I think he could be a stud in this offense as a change of pace back. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and he hits the holes quickly. He's gone if he gets to the second level or the edge. My concern is durability. In addition he is a Maryland kid from Fort Hill.
    To me he looks a lot bigger than he did as a Junior, when he thought about coming out. Coverage of the practices last week lauded him for being a tough runner who held onto the ball all week as defenders tried to rip it. They list him at 212 now. Also praised his route running.

Ty Johnson is a guy we should obvioulsy pick

So naturally...we wont
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Ty Johnson is a guy we should obvioulsy pick

So naturally...we wont
    LOL.

I won't be as bummed on this pick. While I really like his talent, I feel as though there is a lot of talent at that position. But he does have that break-away speed that the Ravens could sure use.