Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 4 games in London - 1 in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I wouldnt mind a Mexico game but I'm DONE with London
    After the game we had in London, best if that entire city had just burnt to the ground.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Logistics are the real challenge. One team in London does not work. They need two teams close to each other. One in London and one in Germany. That way each road trip becomes a two game, eight to ten day trip with pratice over there for a few days. Same goes for their trips to the US. Two games each trip.

If they do decide to expand, Jax can move to London. They never should have been given a franchise in the first place. That was Tagliboobs folly to keep Baltimore out and the family trying to buy a expansion out of the NFL. Well both happened. So move Jax to London. Expand one team to Germany. Expand another team to San Deigo and Mexico City, a shared franchise with four games at both.

Two teams total expansion. Cost to buy expansion team 500 million. NFL to retain 49% of team ownership which can be bought by new owners in ten years at fair market value. Limited revenue sharing for ten years. That keeps current owners happy with no major splitting of money. In ten years, if franchise are solid, they should get more than 500 million for the last 49%. Second cash windfall for owners. Win-win.

The NFl goes up by two total teams. They get two over seas markets and gain a billion in franchise startup fees.
    The cost to buy an expansion team would be in the billions. MistaT mentioned $5 billion, which may be a bit high but really isn't that ridiculous. The other owners would be looking to recoup, in advance, their losses when splitting TV and merchandise revenue.

I don't see franchises in these cities unless shared with places like Jax. But I do see a regular rotation of games in them, perhaps with each team committing a home game every few years (unless a shared franchise works).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I wish they'd come to Toronto lol.

I didn't go to any of the Bills games that were there becuase it's the Bills and they played like Miami, the Jets and the Skins. I think they had the Falcons and Hawks which would have been interesting, but I was in school and poor.

If they'd do neutral games of non-Bills games I think people would bew ay more into it.

Even though Buffalo is close to Toronto, Ontario is a big mixture of primarily NE, Dallas and Pittsburgh. Obvioulsy a decent amount of Bills fans, but not as many as you'd think.
    The NFL is very cautious with Canada and careful not to get into competition with the CFL. Though they would crush the CFL it would piss off a lot of Canadians who, I imagine, like having their own version. The government also might not like a foreign entity taking away from their league.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The NFL is very cautious with Canada and careful not to get into competition with the CFL. Though they would crush the CFL it would piss off a lot of Canadians who, I imagine, like having their own version. The government also might not like a foreign entity taking away from their league.
    There are definitely some that are passionate.

My wifes uncle lives in Montreal is a die hard Als fan. He left Christmas dinner (literally went and sat in his car) because I slammed him when he was trying to say the CFL was better than the CFL.

I grew up palying Canadian ball. I coached Canadian ball. I've also travelled to play and coach in upstate NY and MA and played under US rules.

There's no fucking comparison. US ball is superior. Period.

But good point. As much as it sucks for me.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How many teams can you put in Florida? The 3 that are there already have attendance issues and have for years. No way you put another team there with those issues. They'd be better off moving the Bucs to Orlando
    Florida football fans care more about SEC football than the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I see where the NFL will play 4 games in London and 1 game in Mexico in 2019.
    What does the NFL hope to get out of all this. I know they want more fans which sells more souvenirs, etc.. and this makes more money for the NFL but to me these games are a total waste
    of time and takes away a home field advantage for one of the teams. I really don’t want to see any NFL teams anyhow represented by one of these countries in the future. I am assum8ng that is also why they are playing games there perhaps to expand.
    Would any of you welcome a team that was based in London or Mexico?
    I suspect that the NFL's primary motive is not expansion, but more weeks with a Sunday morning game.

BS

Blog Entries

I really wish I lived before money ruined the quality of sports
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    After the game we had in London, best if that entire city had just burnt to the ground.
    It was probably the worst raven game I've ever seen

Don't recall whether it's London or Mexico but one of our opponents (Rams) will be playing overseas there next year. Don't be surprised if we have to travel to one of those destinations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Don't recall whether it's London or Mexico but one of our opponents (Rams) will be playing overseas there next year. Don't be surprised if we have to travel to one of those destinations.
    One of the new overseas destinations for the NFL. Here's an unnamed team going out to practice before a game :

The water boy is paid well in these parts... Bc

I hate the out of the country games. I wish they would do away with them. Along with the Thursday night games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    All the games are announced and the Ravens are not on the list.

UK
    Panthers vs Bucs
    Bears vs. Raiders
    Bengals vs. Rams
    Texans vs. Jaguars

Mexico
    Chiefs vs. Chargers