Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question Most impressive QB you saw play in person

I have one that will surprise some people - Cam Newton

He was huge in person and had a very interesting throwing motion that looked effortless while throwing it like a missile across the field on a dime to the sideline. (this was about 5 years ago)

Most QB's blend together but Cam STOOD out to me

others :

Manning in his prime dropping perfect passes all over the place

Lamar's speed this year was shocking to see in person as well

Blog Entries

Re: Most impressive QB you saw play in person

It would probably be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Manning in his prime mid-00's was insane to see.

I'd love to be able to say Brett Favre as he's my favorite QB of all time, but the one time I saw him in person @ Ravens was that 2005 game where he and the Packers got railed by Kyle Boller.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Peyton Manning without a doubt. Unreal some of the throws he used to make.

Peyton Manning. Could make any throw on the field at any time.

Brady obviously could work any system and still be a HoFer, but in that system he makes higher percentage throws mroe frequently. Manning's systems weren't like that.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Bert Jones

Bert Jones and Dan Faust were amazing, never have seen anyone with Jones arm and the beautiful deep throws that Faust made

Blog Entries

Dan Marino

I still have never seen anyone make so many perfect passes so quickly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Bert Jones and Dan Faust were amazing, never have seen anyone with Jones arm and the beautiful deep throws that Faust made
    I think you mean Dan Fouts - was my favorite QB growing up. They would score 38 against the Raiders and lose

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Peyton Manning. Could make any throw on the field at any time.

Brady obviously could work any system and still be a HoFer, but in that system he makes higher percentage throws mroe frequently. Manning's systems weren't like that.
    The most impressive guy is actually going to be a little surprising. The most impressive qb I ever saw was Bert Jones he could throw the ball 80 yards and hit his WR with a flick of the wrist.

If you never saw him step back and pass the football you need to go back and watch some of his game. What set him apart from other guys who threw pretty deep balls and could throw a ton like Bledsoe was he rarely missed. I remember there was one season in the 70's where he never seemed to miss with Carr. He may have averaged something redicolous like 27 yards a reception and over 1200 yards and this was in a non passing era.

He wasn't the same after the shoulder injury and ultimately had to retire because of a scary neck injury but he would have easily been ranked up there with the top qb's of all time had he managed to stay healthy

Bert Jones last year was 10 years before I was born.

I dont know anything about him really, but this is all interesting.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Bert Jones.

I'm old enough to have seen Unitas, but only in the last handful of years in Baltimore. Not all that memorable, per se.

(Reminds me of the story about Johnny, and comparing him with QBs of other eras.. After he retired, just when the passing game in the NFL had taken off, he was asked how'd he do today. He gave a modest assessment, and the reporter, thinking Johnny was being humble, pressed him on it. To which Johnny replied, well, I am 65 years old.)

Something like that.

But Bert...I have clear memories of him connecting deep with Roger Carr or zinging it all over the field to Raymond Chester, and being wowed.

Of course Bert got hurt back in the day when you could try and hurt the QB, and evil Joe Thomas traded him to the Rams in ;82, because Georgia Fronteirra was in love with Bert.

The Colts blew the first and second round picks they got, on QB Art Schlichter and P Rohn Stark. Schlichter was such a bad pick, not only did he end up in prison, the Colts drafted John Elway the next year, and they somehow blew that, too.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-16-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Vinny Testaverde was a lot of fun to watch in those early years as well.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!