Page 4 of 178 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: A Closer Look: 2019 WR draft class

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    Sorry forgot to add my reasoning. My thing with Marquise Brown is that he's a fast and shifty guy from what I see. With Lamar, having a guy who's quick with his routes creates enough separation to make tight windows non existent. I was reading Matt Miller's latest mock draft where he mocked Brown to us. His explanation had some merit as having a fast guy like him helps Lamar with the running game as well. It helps take defenders out of the play when they have to worry about the pass, leaving Lamar open running lanes if it's needed.
    My concern with him is that I think he's going to work well where there's another established WR.

He really is a Desean Jackson type guy. He's going ot have big plays and he's going to take the top off of defenses, but he doesn't have a lot of quickness (however, he absolutely has speed) which makes me nervous about the diversity of routes he can have.

I'd say his floor is a John Brown type. Ceiling a Desean Jackson.

I'm not sure that type of WR is a good fit for Lamar. I think guys like JJAW and Harry who can run the route tree and get their separation with their route running (For those watching Harry - youll have to watch how he breaks out on routes becuase htat's his big criticism) rather than just runnign faster than the other guy.

HOWEVER, from a scheme design perspective if teams are playing the run and working safeties up into the box, well that deep ball could be there a lot.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Let's avoid highlight tapes. Use Draft Breakdowns spreadsheet to watch game by game.

Highlight tapes show you the strengths and not the weaknesses.
    Post them, we would all be interested.

Better then just throwing out opinion with no film of any kind as a reference point.

Was looking through the WRs a couple days ago.

3 guys I love:
    Kelvin Harmon (NC St)
    NKeal Harry (ASU)
    Deebo Samuel (SC)

Sleeper guy is Lil’Jordan Humphrey (Texas). Not getting the love of the top guys and could be there in the 3rd.

I’m afraid of JJAW, Hakeem Butler and Parris Campbell, don’t think any of their games translate well with our offense

Blog Entries

We don't do highlight films here. We watch entire games of a player's snaps to key in on the schemes a team is running, his role in that scheme, whether or not he looks like a good fit and if not why, and what scheme may he be a better fit for, and how he plays when the ball isn't coming his way.

I know you're Johnny come lately, but we have established posters who do established WR threads, after they've watched established game tape and not laziness acted like we can come up with substantial information from highlight tapes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We don't do highlight films here. We watch entire games of a player's snaps to key in on the schemes a team is running, his role in that scheme, whether or not he looks like a good fit and if not why, and what scheme may he be a better fit for, and how he plays when the ball isn't coming his way.

I know you're Johnny come lately, but we have established posters who do established WR threads, after they've watched established game tape and not laziness acted like we can come up with substantial information from highlight tapes.
    Lol, you guys don't do ANY film here.
    Don't kid yourself.
    I'm as nice as they come, however I dont tolerate BS very well.
    And its thick with some.

I'll be happy to see anyone else post ANY film.

I posted film of JJAW with video clips the other day.

I'm not dealing with this bullshit from some poster who has been here for a year. Not even worth discussing with. Tolerance for stupidity is low these days.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    Was looking through the WRs a couple days ago.

3 guys I love:
    Kelvin Harmon (NC St)
    NKeal Harry (ASU)
    Deebo Samuel (SC)

Sleeper guy is Lil’Jordan Humphrey (Texas). Not getting the love of the top guys and could be there in the 3rd.

I’m afraid of JJAW, Hakeem Butler and Parris Campbell, don’t think any of their games translate well with our offense
    I disagree about JJAW and Paris Campbell.

I think Campbell does well in sapce and I think that could be a strength in this offense. I also think he can get sepearation with speed on crossing routes.

JJAW is a very good elite runner and uses a variety of tools, such as a jab step (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPpnU96ry5s - go to 3:30 to see the slow mo of the jab step).
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, you guys don't do ANY film here.
    Don't kid yourself.
    I'm as nice as they come, however I dont tolerate BS very well.
    And its thick with some.

I'll be happy to see anyone else post ANY film.
    Go tell BigPlayReceiver he doesn't do film. Go tell GreatWhiteNorthRaven he doesn't do any film. Years and years of evidence that you are more than welcome to look up, from past threads where several of us and provided detailed analysis, based on the film we watched. Just because you want to get a head start on things, doesn't mean these things don't happen, and that's quite a broad assumption for you to make, given that you just joined in 2018. It wreaks of arrogance to not even take the time to get the know the reputations of posters here and gain a better understanding what they tend to be best at, before you make such a horrid blanket statement, about us not doing ANY film.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Go tell BigPlayReceiver he doesn't do film. Go tell GreatWhiteNorthRaven he doesn't do any film. Years and years of evidence that you are more than welcome to look up, from past threads where several of us and provided detailed analysis, based on the film we watched. Just because you want to get a head start on things, doesn't mean these things don't happen, and that's quite a broad assumption for you to make, given that you just joined in 2018. It wreaks of arrogance to not even take the time to get the know the reputations of posters here and gain a better understanding what they tend to be best at, before you make such a horrid blanket statement, about us not doing ANY film.
    Lol, the day I tell BPR he doesn't do film.

He'd politely, yet firmly, tell me to go fuck myself.
    - Ray Lewis

We literally have a poster named FilmStudy whose posts regarding game film garnered enough attention to earn him local celebrity.

...but I think we're making a mountain out of a mole hill with the highlight reel. We've posted them here all the time.

JJAW player comparison: Alshon Jeffrey?

Look at these box outs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPpnU96ry5s - 1:16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15CD8MDfGfg - 1:41
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    We literally have a poster named FilmStudy whose posts regarding game film garnered enough attention to earn him local celebrity.

...but I think we're making a mountain out of a mole hill with the highlight reel. We've posted them here all the time.
    In the context of being called out for not posting clips (When I did it on Monday with JJAW), I'm sure you can understand how I found that a little silly.

I do hate highlight film though lol.
    - Ray Lewis