Page 173 of 178 FirstFirst ... 171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 2,065 to 2,076 of 2128

Re: A Closer Look: 2019 WR draft class

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I felt like he had better tape then Michael Gallup who is a 3rd rounder from the same school that came out and started right away for Dallas. he had some of his best games of the year against Arkansas and Florida, two SEC schools. He also benefited from working with one of the best WR coaches in football at CSU. To me he looks like Martavis Bryant 2.0 from a talent perspective
    Sure, Preston Williams has a lot of talent and Miami's WRs corp is lacking. I just didn't have him rated as highly as the ones I listed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Agreed. There's a lot of prospects not being discussed.

Tried to get a convo going on Boykin awhile back:

Good tape. Very good measurables.

btw-did you see my response to your Brown vs Butler questions?
    Bump for Mmcclend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I'm having issues making gifs right now.....and it appears that there aren't many/any people still involved with the discussing the game cut-ups...

But notes from the Boykins vs LSU:
    • 1st play - vs a press CB gets open and separates on a drag route by shoving the CB about 3 yards back
    • 14s - beats pressed CB (Greedy Williams) at the LOS with a swim/swat move and separates vertically....but a bad throw from the QB and good angle from the FS prevent a catch opportunity
    • 18s -
    • 1:13s - gets open on 5 yard stop route converts to an out route vs a pressed CB
    • 1:27 - gets open on the sideline w/ catch by running a double move vs a pressed CB
    • 1:38 - CB is playing Boykins eats up cushion and manages to get open in the endzone but is underthrown
    • 2:18 - wins at the LOS and separates down the sideline vs pressed CB; FS makes a bee-line but the QB finally makes a good throw (hands catch)
    • 2:37 - wins at the LOS doesn't separate from the CB but makes a great 1 handed catch, good RAC

other notes: willing blocker, very loose very fluid body, easily gets vertical, very to the point in his route runner doesn't waste a lot of time with stutter steps and foot fire, good hand work at the LOS

Blog Entries

He’s so fucking smooth I feel like it gives off the impression that he’s not moving very fast when he is. Good looks on the bump. The second to last gif he just explodes past #8 (Mullen?) but the pass is way underthrow. Should have been a TD.

His LSU tape shows a lot of his physicality. He's big and he plays big. That's going to pay dividends for him. He shows a really good initial burst on shorter breaking routes which is good to see.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Dude definitely has short area quicks.

Eager run blocker too, dig it

Can't wait to see all these young WRs in action. Brown, Boykin, Scott (reports say he's improved), Lasley, Wesley, Smith, Modster... am I missing anyone?

He is a great run blocker. He also has good hands. He can get open. QB did not have a big enough arm to get it to him on the deep stuff. He beat press coverage pretty easily.

Blog Entries

but A.J. Brown's total production as a rookie (!) is too much to look past. There's the 1,051 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, but the Next Gen look at him is even more impressive. Brown boasted a plus-7.2 catch percentage above expectation (tied for eighth in the NFL among players with 75-plus targets), the best passer rating when targeted in the entire league (minimum 75 targets) at 127.6, and 457 yards gained after the catch (seventh in the NFL among wide receivers). Here's the clincher: Nearly 50 percent of Brown's YAC was unlikely to even occur, as his league-leading YAC above expectation was an incredible 251 yards. The next closest receiver was Chris Godwin, who will surely be a traditional All-Pro, but who also received 39.7 percent of his targets while open (by 3-plus yards) and 13.2 percent when wide open (by 5-plus yards). Brown's numbers in those two categories? Twenty-five percent while open and 9.5 percent while wide open, meaning his YAC total wasn't just compiled via deep completions on wide-open targets capped by gleeful strides into the end zone. No, Brown worked for it, summarized best by this number: Exactly one third of Brown's targets were on tight windows. He's winning the close battles and making the most of his receptions at a rate better than anyone else in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-stats-offense

A.J. should have easily been the consensus WR1 coming out. He won in every way you would want from a WR coming out. The myth about him only being able to play the slot should have been debunked from way earlier. I wanted this guy badly in the first but I'm happy with Hollywood as I think he fits our roster well.

I'm also super happy to have been the only one here that was right about Darius Slayton being a top 5 WR in the class. He was tied with A.J. for most receiving TDs with basically zero training camp or rookie camp time. I think he makes the jump to a number 1 reciever next year with Danny Dimes getting better.

Oh hey