Page 17 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: A Closer Look: 2019 WR draft class

I've soured on Anthony Johnson. He does well in space and they used a lot of drags and bubble screens to let him show his YAC. He has very poor footwork and comes out of his breaks slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wS09Tx6x6Q
    0:49
    1:38 - wins the route, but comeso ut ofh is break so slow.
    2:37 - just a complete lack of speed with his stutter steps gets no separation.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I want a receiver badly but it has to be BPA.

I think this first round is rich and someone very nice will fall.

Cody Ford would be a great add. And grab Gaillard with the 3rd round comp? Fixed the OL.
    Right now, at 22, Cody Ford is probably my top offensive target.

He’s a day-1 starter at LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

David Sills expansion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nFu4cUJ7c
    1:31 - tracks that deep ball really well
    2:32 - bad drop after a decent route
    3:49 - no result in this play, but he has a really good stride length. He caught the DBs flat footed and was about to blow by without the contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXM8x2jO1UY
    :30 - more of a good play design than anything, but I liked his jab step to the ILB to check him off. Created the opportunity for YAC
    1:10 - He ran a lot of these hitches. I didn't highlight them in the Iowa state game but he ran the route a lot. Similar to Anthony Johnson. Just trying to get him out in sapce (ran it again at 2:01,
    2:11 - hell of a route, but wasn't the read
    3:25 - TD catch with the best view - Good combo of footwork and hand fighting. Potential OPI? But meh, I Liked it. Big man playing big.
    4:18 - Similar to the 1:31 clip in the Iowa State game, he has good awareness of where he is in the field while tracking the ball

Only got through 2. Scarlett is screaming. Couple thoughts:
    - not a + athlete.
    - Uses his stride technique well. Quick feet for his size to break out of routes. Good combo of stride length and breakdowns to stem his route.
    - Their O used a lot of crossing routes and hitches, but he shows enough on other routes that runnign the route tree isn't a major concern.
    - Tracking the ball deep and fighting for it are two of his biggest assets, which I think will be huge. Plays up to his size.
    - Overall: I'll have to watch more of course, but I do think Sills in the third is a solid pick. Has good upside. Most importantly I think he plays big. He's a big man who has surprisingly good deep ball ability.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Nope. You got your timeline mixed up. And you're right everyone saw it.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say 'whoops my bad, got the timeline mixed up'?

Lol, anyone who was even casually looking through this thread knows the timeline of events. I could easily post the timeline but what difference would it make to you?

Its not even a big deal to me...just funny as hell....the level and the freshness of the hypocrisy.
    Alright. We get it.

Can we talk draft stuff fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Alright. We get it.

Can we talk draft stuff fellas?

see above re: Sills.

His RZ ability is legit. His deep ball ability for his size is very impressive.
    - Ray Lewis

A good guy for Lamar would be John Ursua.

If you want the typical "This guy will be drafted by New England" prospect it's probably going to be him (or Isabella from Umass).

His feet are lightening quick. One of the more fluid guys in this class.
    - Ray Lewis

I really hate to ask this given my annual bitching about the offensive line and wide receivers (and inept schemes, problematic play-calling, questionable free-agent signings, etc...) but if Ed Oliver happens to fall to us, do we take him?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I really hate to ask this given my annual bitching about the offensive line and wide receivers (and inept schemes, problematic play-calling, questionable free-agent signings, etc...) but if Ed Oliver happens to fall to us, do we take him?
    Absolutely. No way he falls but yes we should. Hes a pass rushing DT that mirrors Donald and most mocks I've seen have him top 5 or #1 overall

Blog Entries

Definitely.

Blog Entries

Without a second thought you take Ed Oliver. Would you rather have Derwin James or Hayden Hurst? Never screw that up again

Oliver ain't falling to 22.

But the thought of Oliver and Pierce on the inside would be nuts.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Oliver ain't falling to 22.

But the thought of Oliver and Pierce on the inside would be nuts.
    I agree that Oliver would never fall that far but it's the idea that matters. Do you take the great defensive prospect despite needing help on offense? I say yes 10 out of 10 times. This past year was a major screw up that fans will complain about for the next 10 years.