Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: It's good to be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    All of his quotes were wrong lol.
    🤦*♂️ in my defense, it was way too late to be awake when I posted. I'll go ahead and show myself out...😆

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    To be fair it was.. there's a reason no rookie QB has won a superbowl

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    The season was far from over when LJ went in. Let me own up to my quote that was clearly wrong damnit.

Blog Entries

I recall I did say that Flacco would have to light it up early or people would be clamoring for LJ. They may not have clamored for him but he did get in.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    That is an opinion.

Facts:
    Offense outscored opponents average pts allowed by +8 in first 9 games.
    We were -8 against average pts allowed in the last 7 games. If you take out the 4 D/ST TDs in the last 7 games it is -36.
    The defense caused 7 turnovers in the first 9 games and 10 in the last 7 games.
    In the first 9 games the offense averaged 23.7 pts/G.
    In the last 7 games if you take out the D/ST TDs the average was 21.1 pts/g.

Team Records First 9 games - 63-63-2. 7-69-3(Counting Pitt 2x).
    last 7 games - 53-58-1

We played 4 games against teams with a winning record in the first half winning 2 of those games
    We played 2 games against teams with a winning record in the 2nd half winning 1 of those games.

Offense average same # of TOs per game in first 9 vs last 7.

We played 4 games against top 10 defenses in first 9 games Buf #2, Pitt #6, Ten #8
    We played 1 game against top 10 defense in last 7 games. LAC #9

We played 3 games against bottom 10 defenses in first 9 games Den# 22, Cleve #30, Cin #32
    We played 6 games against bottom 10 defenses in last 7 games Cin #32, Cleve # 30, KC #31, ATL #28, TB #27, Oak # 26

Was it really the change in QB or was it defense playing better or was it really just a really soft schedule. Or was it also team getting healthy after the bye. We were within inches of losing the last game of the season in the same way that we lost the previous year. This year the defense made the stop otherwise we would have been 9-7 and sitting at home just like last year. Also last year we were 5-1 coming out of the bye before the defense gave up the 4th and long that cost us the Cincy game and the playoffs. Mirror images of each season.
    Great post. Great points.

One thing is for sure, our defensive was legit. We put a lot on their shoulders and they came through more than not. I love wink.

We've all seen the the articles pointing out how our play calling got hacked in the playoffs, due to the lack of changes and self scouting. What we don't talk about is whether this happened to Joe weeks 5-9. This offense was hot in the first 4 weeks and joe never looked better. Then it hit the brakes inexplicably. It would not surprise me if given 4 weeks of tape, DCs were able to predict our plays then too. I mean Romo was predicting our plays from the booth while broadcasting, and I doubt he had scouted our previous games.

So I think as bad as the offense was by week 9, it was a Marty thing not a Joe thing. Lamar got the benefit of a new playbook, but his playoff loss was also a Marty thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Great post. Great points.

One thing is for sure, our defensive was legit. We put a lot on their shoulders and they came through more than not. I love wink.

We've all seen the the articles pointing out how our play calling got hacked in the playoffs, due to the lack of changes and self scouting. What we don't talk about is whether this happened to Joe weeks 5-9. This offense was hot in the first 4 weeks and joe never looked better. Then it hit the brakes inexplicably. It would not surprise me if given 4 weeks of tape, DCs were able to predict our plays then too. I mean Romo was predicting our plays from the booth while broadcasting, and I doubt he had scouted our previous games.

So I think as bad as the offense was by week 9, it was a Marty thing not a Joe thing. Lamar got the benefit of a new playbook, but his playoff loss was also a Marty thing.

What I found interesting is 2017 and 2018 seasons were mirror images of each other. Same Record going into the bye. Same position in the final game. Final game coming down to a 4th down play to win or lose the game. The only difference is that the defense made a play in 2018 and the defense blew a coverage in 2017. For all of the complaints of Harbs he makes adjustments over the bye week and the team plays much better coming out of the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    What I found interesting is 2017 and 2018 seasons were mirror images of each other. Same Record going into the bye. Same position in the final game. Final game coming down to a 4th down play to win or lose the game. The only difference is that the defense made a play in 2018 and the defense blew a coverage in 2017. For all of the complaints of Harbs he makes adjustments over the bye week and the team plays much better coming out of the bye.
    I agree on the mirror comment. And 2017 didn't feel much different than 2016, honestly. And you're right about the team always improving after a bye too. My disagreement is that that makes Harbaugh a good coach. I think it makes him an awful coach because he's not making those adjustments week and only when he has a week off to prepare. And we're really talking about the offense here, not the defense. This team has been considered inconsistent for years and I think this aspect of the coaching is too blame. We often see how well flacco can play when the game plan is good and then we find ourselves wondering how we suddenly started sucking.

I'll fairly certain if you came into practice on Tuesday with the same plays as you practiced and executed the previous week, the hoodie would fire you immediately. That's what good coaching does and it's why they are there in the AFCC every damn year. They've got a book of 500 plays and each week they find a new set of plays to exploit the upcoming defense. They practice all week and come in with a fresh gameplan on Sunday. Not entirely new schemes, just different plays. That's what I expect from a HC and OC and it took our playoff embarrassment to realize this is the fundamental weakness of this team. The coaching.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I am on suspension from ‘I told you so’ threads, due to the season Eric Ebron had.
    Instead of "I told you so" threads just start "I informed you thusly" threads.

Blog Entries

there is great burden in being right all the time lol

Here is my "I Told You So." Harbaugh will suddenly be dealt to the Miami Dolphins for a 1st and a 2nd. And Wink Martindale will be named HC. And this will shake things up majorly.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Here is my "I Told You So." Harbaugh will suddenly be dealt to the Miami Dolphins for a 1st and a 2nd. And Wink Martindale will be named HC. And this will shake things up majorly.
    RavenIsh, if that happens you have my personal invitation to make the biggest gloat thread in the history of RSR. That is just so unlikely it's insane.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    RavenIsh, if that happens you have my personal invitation to make the biggest gloat thread in the history of RSR. That is just so unlikely it's insane.
    I know but imagine if it did. There'd be a lot splaining to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I know but imagine if it did. There'd be a lot splaining to do.
    Hey man, if it happens you were 100% RIGHT and you deserve a spectacular "I told you so" thread.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."