Franchise QB on rookie contract- check
    playmaking young RB- check
    above average #1 WR - check
    Playmaking TE - check
    Elite Passrusher - check
    young athletic LB's - check
    shutdown corner - check
    pick 5 spots ahead of the Ravens in the first round - check

the next 2-3 years will be a dogfight between the Browns and Steelers for first place in the North.
    I agree with your checklist on the critical assets the Browns have in place. I'd also add, a GM that looks like he finally knows how to draft and manage free agency. Kitchens is still going to do the playcalling on offense, and he made every aspect of that offense improve where more experienced guys have failed. And now he's got experienced coaches around him.

But I disagree with Pittsburgh over the ravens. Pittsburgh is going to lose AB one way or another and I don't think the JuJu- conners- Big Ben combo is nearly as much of a threat as their roster in 2017. They have a lot of flaws that got exposed this year, especially on defense, and I think it will only be worse next year.

Baltimore, on the other hand, will still have a top 5 D next year, even if we lose a few pieces. The offense is a huge question mark, but I think with an offseason to work on it, they will come into the season with an expanded playbook for lamar so we don't run the same ten players until other defenses can read it very easily. Marty's transparent play calling was in issue with Flacco too, it just didn't catch up with Lamar until the wildcard. If Roman is only slightly better at this, all we need is a mid level offense and we will be contenders thanks to the D.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re: Brownies Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    Franchise QB on rookie contract- check
    playmaking young RB- check
    above average #1 WR - check
    Playmaking TE - check
    Elite Passrusher - check
    young athletic LB's - check
    shutdown corner - check
    pick 5 spots ahead of the Ravens in the first round - check

the next 2-3 years will be a dogfight between the Browns and Steelers for first place in the North.
    Based on what? Every season stands on it's own. If you ask me, Pitt could fall off the cliff next season and the Browns haven't proven anything. For all we know, Cincy could rebound and smoke the whole division next year and be better than expected considering they get a last place schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Based on what? Every season stands on it's own. If you ask me, Pitt could fall off the cliff next season and the Browns haven't proven anything. For all we know, Cincy could rebound and smoke the whole division next year and be better than expected considering they get a last place schedule.
    Based on the fact that the Browns are better at every position that the Ravens except for Right Guard, Cornerback, and interior D-line.....and its all locked up under rookie deals

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post

But I disagree with Pittsburgh over the ravens. Pittsburgh is going to lose AB one way or another and I don't think the JuJu- conners- Big Ben combo is nearly as much of a threat as their roster in 2017. They have a lot of flaws that got exposed this year, especially on defense, and I think it will only be worse next year.
    Big Ben - JuJu- Conners vs. Lamar-Gus Edwards-Snead..........

Pittsburgh has a track record of finding WR's in the draft and a quarterback that WR's will want to play with.

Based on the fact that the Browns are better at every position that the Ravens except for Right Guard, Cornerback, and interior D-line.....and its all locked up under rookie deals
    And yet, somehow they split with them last season...

Pittsburgh has a track record of finding WR's in the draft and a quarterback that WR's will want to play with.
    And yet, somehow they split with them last season too...Quite possible the Ravens actually get better this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kitchens spent a decade in Arizona and worked with Wilks while there.
    Ah, missed that. Still, this is a new relationship dynamic (HC/OC). Lots of coaches get hired by people they know, then things don't work out in the new situation. We'll still have to see.

Those aren't the only players that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Those aren't the only players that matter.
    So they won't be playing 3 on 3 football next year? Darn

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I agree with your checklist on the critical assets the Browns have in place. I'd also add, a GM that looks like he finally knows how to draft and manage free agency. Kitchens is still going to do the playcalling on offense, and he made every aspect of that offense improve where more experienced guys have failed. And now he's got experienced coaches around him.

Baltimore, on the other hand, will still have a top 5 D next year, even if we lose a few pieces. The offense is a huge question mark, but I think with an offseason to work on it, they will come into the season with an expanded playbook for lamar so we don't run the same ten players until other defenses can read it very easily. Marty's transparent play calling was in issue with Flacco too, it just didn't catch up with Lamar until the wildcard. If Roman is only slightly better at this, all we need is a mid level offense and we will be contenders thanks to the D.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    This is fair. It is tough to predict whether Pitt is going to come back with a vengeance for flame out. Next year will be a good test of Tomlin's coaching chops. Losing Munchak doesn't help them. Ravens have just as many question marks as the Steelers though. I think we have the better DC but we could have a lot to replace on the defense as well. Still don't have an edge rusher. Moseley is a free agent. Weddle, Smith and Carr may not be here and are ancient even if they are still here. Yanda is getting long in the tooth. Do we have the type of Oline that Roman wants to run his offense? We have Crabtree and no other receivers of note. Not sold on Edwards or Dixon. We saw a watered down passing offense with Lamar. He had very few pass attempts over 20 yards this year. How is he going to do when they ask him to do more in the passing game? Teams have a lot of tape on what Roman wants to do on offense. We have the first place schedule next year. Free agency certainly did not line up well for us this year. Not much in the way of receivers on interior oline. Lots of questions going into next year. Also the Ravens were insanely healthy this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    And yet, somehow they split with them last season...
    they are young, we are not....there in lies the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    So they won't be playing 3 on 3 football next year? Darn
    take a look at their offensive line and compare it to ours...