Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: The Official Lamar Jackson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why would you? If a qb doesn't think he is or can be the best he never will be.

But Technically half the board should be (ironically enough those that are in love with him) because flacco got slaughtered for a similar thing saying he thinks he's elite.
    It wasn't even that that pissed me off about peoples reactions.

It was when he answered and said "what else am I supposed to say".

People are dumb. HE was basically saying who in the world isn't going to think they're elite. It's a good mindset to have. But then again epople think he mailed it in for 5 years to collect his pay cheque and take the kids to McDonalds...smh
    “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”
    – Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

Thanks

The last 30 secs of that interview, starting at about 2:45, are the cutest thing ever.

"Don't play."

I was looking for an old post and came across this thread:
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...whatever/page3

It has lots of links to Lamar data during the draft process

Blog Entries

This is interesting. Makes me wonder: does Lamar play from his toes because he feels better throwing with his elbow a little lower? Meaning, since he's maybe a little more comfortable dropping the elbow, does he get up on his toes to compensate for a slightly lower release point (to avoid batted passes)?

If -- IF -- I'm guessing here -- if that's so, then I wonder if the coaches are trying to get him to get his heels on the ground more, and in exchange raise the elbow? According to this article that would seem to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I had thought the ugly one-hoppers he sometimes throws were an overcorrection against his tendency in college to sail passes too high when pressured. That maybe Urban and the other coaches were making him exaggerate the idea of following through and completing the throwing motion. That would lead to more downward drive and mistakes throwing low, but in the NFL if you're gonna miss, miss low so no one picks it off. Maybe the trade off right now with him is you get these occasional one-hoppers that would have been INTs that sailed into the hands of somebody's FS?

I'd like to see this guy's breakdown of him now, to see if he can draw out what's changed, and figure out from that what the coaches have been emphasizing to him.

Loved reading that piece! Thanks for linking.

Conclusion:

Anyone who tells you that Lamar Jackson has any more mechanical issues than your typical first-round QB selection is lying to you.

I’ve charted every single Jackson throw, and I simply cannot find the inaccurate, mechanically-flawed quarterback advertised by many analysts. I see an accurate, but mechanically idiosyncratic and accordingly inconsistent quarterback. Lamar does not have bad mechanics. Rather, up to this point in his career, he has gotten away with not consistently relying on them.

This is not an uncommon issue among exceptional talents. Again, Carson Wentz out of North Dakota State represents an incredibly gifted, mechanically inconsistent quarterback. During his stellar 2017 campaign, Wentz still regularly dipped the ball; still regularly stepped into his throwing hallway and locked his hips. He also blew the roof off the building with his arm strength, athletic ability, and poise.

Why can’t Jackson do the very same?