Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6061626364 ... LastLast

Re: Is Lamar the answer, article from Tony?

Compare and contrast the comments at the start of this thread to the current comments in recent days !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Compare and contrast the comments at the start of this thread to the current comments in recent days !!!!
    Right. So many flip floppers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThinkingRaven View Post
    I don't know why they are. Lamar was back to his normal self against the Cardinals. Sure, he had a huge amount of yardage passing and...
    Back to yer old tricks, eh Lamar? 65% completions and a 105 passer rating! Sigh. More of the same ol' / same ol'.

When will you ever show that you're a viable QB, dammit?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Back to yer old tricks, eh Lamar? 65% completions and a 105 passer rating! Sigh. More of the same ol' / same ol'.

When will you ever show that you're a viable QB, dammit?
    Just ignore him. Only a moron would say that Lamar hasn't taken a big step forward

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I argued the entire off-season that the kid doesn't want to be ran like that. He'll do it if asked to, but he really wants to stay in the pocket and throw.
    Exactly! As this past week's game vs the Cardinals showed!

He wouldn't be making the comments and gestures he has if ...
    ...If people hadn't spent all offseason saying that he can't throw; or suggested last year that he should switch positions to WR or RB.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Just ignore him. Only a moron would say that Lamar hasn't taken a big step forward
    I still think it might be performance art. The one I replied to was so self-contradictory, seems like it HAS to be.

Lamar has taken particular notice of the cracks on him about being a RB. Nothing over the top, just little jabs here and there. For example, "Not bad for a RB". And the RB motion after he was given the game ball against Miami. I argued the entire off-season that the kid doesn't want to be ran like that. He'll do it if asked to, but he really wants to stay in the pocket and throw. His runs at Louisville were designed for him. As were the vast majority of his runs last year. He wouldn't be making the comments and gestures he has if he didn't have an issue with running so much.
    One of the best lessons I've learned in my career is to always give people an out to make the right choice. I probably grasped this in my mid to late 30's. Lamar seems to have an uncanny understanding of this as a 21/22 year old. Juxtapose Lamar to Donovan McNabb. McNabb, despite being a top 5 player in that franchise, was never embraced by that fanbase. They booed him, it bothered him, and it laid the foundation for a contentious career. I remember McNabb coming out one year and making the point that he wasn't going to be a running QB.

Harbaugh told everyone in the offseason to take the over on QB runs, and Lamar was quiet. The Ravens sat him for most of the preseason, while Trace McSorely had a pretty good preseason and Lamar was quiet. Since then, he's gone about his business in a way where he has rubbed it in his critics face, but done it in a way that that allows people to eat a little crow and still like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackums View Post
    One of the best lessons I've learned in my career is to always give people an out to make the right choice.
    Since then, he's gone about his business in a way where he has rubbed it in his critics face, but done it in a way that that allows people to eat a little crow and still like him.
    Nice observation.

Yeah, he seems to have mad people skills and "EQ".

Scores are sexy but wins are what you want. Both of the first two games ended up with multiple kneeled snaps inside the ten. Both games could have another seven points easily.

LJ is doing what he needs to do. Take what they give, move the ball and score more points tganvyhe defense gives up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    Gents while I am new here I've been a poster elsewhere for years.

I've been a football official for 22 years. That includes running my own crew for more than 10. Ive covered high school in Maryland, Georgia, and youth football in both states. I was offered college opportunities at the D3 level but declined due to distance, compensation, and scheduling.

In addition, I love the Ravens, NFL, and obviously college football. I guess you could say I love the game.

I agree with Tony's take on Lamar and rather than proclaiming him a bust to draw the rage of his avid fans I will say the chance of being anything more than mediocre is a long shot.

First, he has stone like hands and fumbles a ton. Fumbling 1-2 times per game is just plain unacceptable. I mean he led the league in just 7 games and did it on a strip, a snap, and a runnIng play.

Second, he is a poor inaccurate passer and the interceptions are likely to pile up. Looking at Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, Mike Vick, and Flacco the average improvement in completion percentage is approximately 3% points. Stafford is above the norm at 6% and hardly a comparable to Lamar.

Third, I agree with the muscle memory and instincts to take one read and run. This offense is not sustainable as we saw it long term.

Finally, the likelihood of a serious injury is very high. As it was he got beat up 3 times this season.

You need Lamar to improve in all of these areas and more than modestly.

Just my 2 cents ....Cheers
    Lmao classic!!! “The officials eye.”

I love receipts

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    I said in 3-4 post that I think hes a talented athlete! History says that drastic improvement is not likely! I'm standing behind my opinion on him being mediocre to bust until he proves otherwise! And there is no way I trade a 2nd round pick to move up and select him and my opinion is that it was a horrible decision by Ozzie trying to make a splash and look smarter than other NFL execs on his way out the door!

The number of football games that I've officiated are in the 1000s not "a" ..... And I believe I stated earlier that it was a basis for my opinion and not as a way to claim my opinion was more valauble than anyone elses here!

But again ...try to diminish it and spin it any way you'd look!

Don't care about the spelling and grammar as anyone who knows Apple devices understand that it literally changes words after you type them! This is a blog board not a website! I wont bother discussing my college education and credentials so that you can find a way to diminish them as well. Your jabs will continue to be without merit ...But that wont stop you from doing it!

As I said I'm done and wont waste my time reading anymore of yours! Maybe you can do the same? Oh wait that would prevent you from trolling!
    Lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Looks like Ex had it right, right from the beginning.
    How does it look now?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi