Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 585960

Re: Is Lamar the answer, article from Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You created a thread that said this... STFU

“I have to admit I was critical at first, but after that win in LA , it looks like Lamar can well in-deed throw nice , and do it on the run and has a good mind set about him with football in the NFL as a very new rookie. It sounds like he has a great work ethic too, after hours are put in ,and he'll do whats needed to be the best he can be, and he enjoys it, very exciting too, unlike others. I'm glad we have him, seems like a very confident nice humble person. GO SAINTS!” -in2deep
    I don't think there's any doubt that In2deep is a troll. Ignore him, there's plenty of strong Lamar sceptics that can argue their case like a grown up on here.
    “I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played,” - Double J will always be a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Perfectly said. I’m just going to roll with what jim said. Roll Tide thinks it’s rare for QBs to work out period regardless of where they’re drafted. That’s a true statement.
    AND that Lamar's completion pct in college puts a ceiling on his NFL potential.

Billick said Ravens will Boom or Bust on Lamar

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...e-boom-or-bust

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post

most franchises do when they draft a 1st round qb
    Burn it down

Article from back on Jan 8.

Billick, who coached the Ravens from 1999-2007, raised concerns about whether Jackson can develop into the pocket passer necessary for the Ravens' offense to grow.

"I'm never going to say a guy can't develop. You never know," Billick said on Glenn Clark Radio Jan. 7. "… Based on the last six to seven weeks that I've seen, I have concerns about that, just his throwing action and the lack of accuracy. But that doesn't mean he can't evolve.

"It's the old, do you have an athlete that can throw or do you have a quarterback that's an athlete?" asked Billick. "Right now, I think Lamar Jackson's just a phenomenal athlete that can kind of throw."
    Well, that's just typical. To me this is of a piece with Billick's previously demonstrated mastery of QB evaluation

Let me not be misinterpreted. I respect Billick as a man; and I love him for what he did for Baltimore 1999 to 2003 or so. That includes things after the SB, like: putting the team on Hard Knocks; the astonishingly quick turnaround & competitive team in 2002 after the 2001 roster purge; Jamal 2k and the 2003 playoff appearance; maintaining a succession line of great DCs from Marvin to Mike Nolan to Rexy. He was a gifted administrator, and he was GREAT for our team and our city. Overall a very fine HC.

But, the man absolutely could not find a QB prospect if he fell out of a boat into a sea of Joe Montanas. He has no idea whatsoever what he's looking at in a college QB. I'm not joking one little bit. This is a man who would look at Kyle Boller and Lamar – and choose Boller. This is a man who cut Derek Anderson in training camp so he could keep Boller and Anthony Wright. Not that Anderson is some HOF QB: but he did make the Pro Bowl just two seasons later, when he led Cleveland to the playoffs. CLEVELAND! And he played 13 years in the league. In other words, Anderson wasn't great, but he was a shit-ton better than Boller & Wright.

God! This article takes me right back ~15 years to the parade of awful QBs he churned out year after year with this team. I'm getting pissed off all over again. The fact that Billick can't see Lamar's traits, is so utterly horrifyingly TYPICAL of him. It's fucking 2003 all over again.

I mean. I'm not trying to be an asshole. But honestly, Billick's skepticism of Lamar is if anything reassuring. He probably likes Josh Allen. If Billick thought we got a good one, then we should be worried.

So full of shit. Pull quote from the new interview:

"[Jackson] wasn’t a 60 percent completion guy in college,” Billick said.
    No, Jackson wasn't 60%: he was 59.1% his senior year. That 9/10 of one percent makes all the difference, huh?

Anyway, when the hell did YOU get so interested in college completion pctgs? Your boy Kyle Boller was under 48% for his college career.

Blog Entries

I think his point is that he made the mistake of thinking Boller would improve on that significantly enough at the pro level and that was a mistake on his part. Something he has long acknowledged. Nonetheless, I can understand you calling him out for this Jim.

Blog Entries

OR

... Bc