Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

As impressive as this run has been…

Does it top the 2019 run? That team started 2-2 capped by an ugly loss to the Browns at the Bank. Everything in the forum that following week was gloom and doom. That team then proceeded to go 12-0 while scoring gobs of points and blowing out several opponents.

Re: As impressive as this run has been…

Yes because it involved a London trip and beating two tough teams in a very difficult scheduling situation.

We don’t know yet but I’ll say this. This 2023 -24 team would dog walk that 2019 team.

This team and their wins are far more impressive than the 2019 team. We be a lot of bad teams, who people thought were good that year but in hindsight were just average teams at best. This roster from top to bottom has more talent is so much more focused than the 2019 team. The 2019 team was young and new where this team is more disciplined, more laser focused and balanced. This years team wold beat the 2019 team by 14 points. This years team just wrecks good teams and does not seem to care about them or even worry about them. They have bought into the concept of doing your job, run to the ball, and hit the other team until they give up and go away. They can beat you with plays or just bully the bullies.

Blog Entries

Hard to say until after the divisional game. 2019 was a great season that crashed and burned so quickly. I still recall Harbaugh going for it on 4th down and coming up empty and then doing it again. The 2023 team is better all around than the 2019 team, but it’s really Super Bowl or EPIC FAIL.

The postseason will be the ultimate answer. You can draw a lot of parallels between both regular seasons though- impressive season-ending run, and beating the league's best teams. Decisively.

Personally, I feel more confident with this year's team bc of the coordinators, postseason experience, and special teams improvement (look at 2019 vs 2023). The offense is more well-rounded and has much better passing options than 2019.

Like I said- the postseason will be the ultimate indicator. But I feel that opponents won't be able to shut down the Ravens simply by shutting down the run game. This seems like a much more dynamic, well-rounded team than 4 years ago.

There was something very special about a Ravens QB winning league MVP in 2019 after so many seasons with pitiful play at the position, minus a good Flacco year here and there. Hard to ever imagine the RAVENS would have a QB win league MVP.,….A second one is so been there done that. 2023-24 has better players though. More of a complete team.

I'm not going to have recency bias on this, because the 2019 team was great and beat like five to six 10 win teams that all made the playoffs.

That said, this year's team wins. This team as a whole would give the 2019 squad fits on both offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    There was something very special about a Ravens QB winning league MVP in 2019 after so many seasons with pitiful play at the position, minus a good Flacco year here and there. Hard to ever imagine the RAVENS would have a QB win league MVP.,….A second one is so been there done that. 2023-24 has better players though. More of a complete team.
    Agreed. More dynamic offense, especially. Plus, I think the vets of the 2019 team are sick of hearing, "yeah, but how will they do in the postseason?" Let's hope they do better in January this year than they did in 2019. Let's hope they carry their regular season level of play into the postseason.

Go Ravens!

I felt like as good as the 2019 team was, a lot of the success was based on teams not being ready for Lamar and how well he could run the read option. Like the Dolphins wildcat, it was so different that it was a bit gimmicky.

This years team is just better than the other teams. Just beating them at football. Handily.

2019 didn’t seem as sustainable to me. This team could be good for a long long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I'm not going to have recency bias on this, because the 2019 team was great and beat like five to six 10 win teams that all made the playoffs.

That said, this year's team wins. This team as a whole would give the 2019 squad fits on both offense and defense.
    We just have way more playmakers on both sides of the ball. Roquan, PQ, and Hamilton would be harassing 2019 Lamar especially because of the shitty Roman scheme. Lamar would have taken a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We just have way more playmakers on both sides of the ball. Roquan, PQ, and Hamilton would be harassing 2019 Lamar especially because of the shitty Roman scheme. Lamar would have taken a beating.
    Agree with everything except the last sentence. I think Lamar was far faster in 2019 and would have escaped tackles.